Oh, I'm getting a little NERVOUS | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Oh, I'm getting a little NERVOUS Oh, I'm getting a little NERVOUS

Unread 02-02-2003, 01:11 PM
Oh, I'm getting a little NERVOUS

Now that I managed to get a second appointment with this surgeon that the Pit Bull nurse has been protecting, I'm getting a little nervous. My appointment is this Thursday. Now I'm thinking things like: what if he turns out not to be the right one and I have to do a search all over again? what if he says sure, come in next Friday and we'll operate? what if he says come in next MONTH and we'll operate? what if the surgery doesn't work? what if I hurt worse than I do now? what if I react to yet another drug? what if I can't manage the pain? what if I don't make a good list and don't ask all my questions? what if he doesn't give me good answers? Whew!!!!

I know I need this surgery because the pain is really interfering with my quality of life. But as it becomes more real I'm getting just a little nervous.

Anybody relate?

Joselle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2003, 02:06 PM

(((Joselle))) try and remain calm dear!! I know it's hard. I think a lot of us here on the Road have these same feelings when we go see yet ANOTHER ! Will be hoping and that this is your off ramp.
Unread 02-02-2003, 02:33 PM

{{{Joselle}}}
Oh yes, I can relate! I'm to the point that I dread any doctor appointment. I feel good that I finally made the call and than start sweating and thinking all the same things you are.

Hang in there Joselle. Things have a way of working out. Perhaps this doctor will be the bestest of the best! If not, there are lots more doctors out there. But I will be ing that this will be the one.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2003, 03:20 PM

Joselle a couple of years ago I won tickets to a John Gray seminar in San Francisco. I know, either you love him or you hate him, but I think he makes tons of sense. Anyway, the one thing he said during that whole day that stuck with me the most was "don't worry about things that haven't happened yet". It was part of his seminar about stress and how to deal with it. I carry that around with me and it helps me stay sane when doubts start poking through. I hope it is of some help to you, too.

We're all keeping our fingers crossed that only good things come to you!
s,
-Linda
Unread 02-02-2003, 08:36 PM
Thanks ladies

Yes, I'm hoping this is THE one. I'm kind of counting on it, actually. And of course it's best not to worry about what hasn't happened yet. Gee, but if you don't do that what WOULD you worry about?

I just dread preparing for a new doctor. I know I've seen him once, but I don't feel I learned much. So this time I want to be well prepared and I'd actually rather not even THINK about it, so how am I going to get prepared?

I know I'll do the best I can and I am mostly trusting that things will turn out OK. DH will be along, so he'll pick up any slack. But it IS a job to get prepared since I didn't take him a list of my allergies or other health related things before. Plus I want to ask detailed questions about his surgical method without offending him . . .

I've had a bad experience at this hospital before. They gave me a drug I'm allergic to when I was already under anesthesia and I told them ahead not to. So when I woke up I was in big reaction and I don't want that to happen again.

I have trouble talking about these things. Want to hide my head in the sand. :hair:

Joselle

P.S. I don't know who John Grey is
Unread 02-02-2003, 09:07 PM

Sorry Joselle he's the one who wrote "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" and all those books that followed it. Really interesting stuff.

I'm glad DH is going with you!

-Linda
Unread 02-02-2003, 10:43 PM

((((((Joselle))))))

What you are feeling is understandable - but like Kim said, these things usually have a way of working out. Please try not to worry too much sweetie We will be with you all the way.
Good luck on Thur. - that is so sweet of your DH to go
Let us know how it goes 's

Susan
Unread 02-03-2003, 06:44 AM

Joselle,

I can understand totally about wanting to be prepared for this appointment! I am going to a new GP (actually, I've seen him before and switched, now switching back) on Wednesday. I want to ask all the right question, get it all out on the table, and not offend him or my ex GP in the process. Hard task! Know you HS will be with you in spirit!

John Grey has a point with not worrying about something that hasn't happened yet. (Although I think his writing is on tad on the male chauvenist side -- sorry Linda). What is it the Bible says? Something about worry not turning one gray hair to black?? Both meaning that worry really is a waste of energy, I guess.

Take care sweetie and good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register