Bad Day -- MPS/ Fibro Pain? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bad Day -- MPS/ Fibro Pain? Bad Day -- MPS/ Fibro Pain?

Unread 02-03-2003, 02:14 PM
Bad Day -- MPS/ Fibro Pain?

It has not been a good couple of days for me. Yesterday I felt tired and irritable and had a headache (pre-menstrual actually) all day and ended up with a horrible case of heartburn by days end. Woke up several times during the night with the back/hip pain and today I am even feeling it in my shin! It is raining so, that might have a lot to do with it. Have been taking my Lortab and Soma with little relief. Glad I have an appointment with the new GP on Wednesday. Hope he is able to provide me with a some relief! Guess I just needed to whine.

Question for you MPS, FMS, CFS gals -- do you find that your pain get worse when it rains? Those of you that still have ovaries, does it worsen when it should be "that time"?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2003, 02:39 PM
hi

Yeah my ovaries act up alot when it is suppose to be that way.. My foot is aching too, had two surgeries om rt foot and now have osteo in it. It acts up along with my hips, especially when it is suppose to be that time. angie
Unread 02-03-2003, 04:34 PM
Yep

My Fibromyalgia flares with changes in barometric pressure. It doesn't usually last long anymore though. There was a time when it was constant. I've given up on pain meds for the most part since I didn't get any big relief and figured the side effects of the pain meds might be worse than the little bit of pain they relieved. I find hot baths are good (while I'm in them) and deep relaxation helps.

Joselle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2003, 07:20 AM
FMS sister...

I have FMS and I live just south of you. The pain is incredible over the past 2-3 days.

However, this morning I woke up and the pain is almost not there!

Unread 02-04-2003, 01:00 PM
Maybe I'm in luck...

Adrite -- maybe I'll get that tomorrow then. It is quite a bit colder today than it has been. I have having considerable pain in my right hip and back today -- not use to any pain on the right.
Unread 02-04-2003, 09:39 PM

hi I have fibromyalgia in my arms, but also have seronegative spondyloarthropathy and the pain I feel when the weather changes is too hard to describe, but thankfully I ve been given morphine (kapanol) to cope. I have to take it twice daily. Its given me a quality of life that I didnt think I would have again.
I have a high c reative protein level. But I thank God for his small mercies. Glad Im not alone with my troubles

chelle
Unread 02-05-2003, 08:38 AM

Don't really know the origination of this pain. Woke up in the middle of the night last night with menstrual like cramps -- SEVERE ones -- just like I got pre op. If I had to guess, I would swear the endo monster is back. Thankfully, I have that appointment in just a few hours!!! Otherwise I would be back in bed with the heating pad and never coming out! Thanks for your input sisters!
Unread 02-05-2003, 09:36 AM
((((((vbjacks5))))))

I'm sorry you are in so much pain. I too have Firbo/CFS and really notice a difference when the weather changes.

I also exprience severe cramps (that feel like period cramps) on a daily basis (no ovaries).

I hope and pray your appointment is a productive one, and you are able to get some relief. Please let us know how you are doing....and know that your sisters are here for you
Unread 02-05-2003, 03:12 PM

I also have FMS/CFS & the weather changes causes me pain...I dread the winter There are studies on Fibro & Barometric changes...seems to be a somewhat common symptom. My vacations in Florida provide me soo much relief, I have even contemplated moving there b/c the difference it makes!! I have my left Ovary, tho it is non-functioning, I too experience menstrual like cramps 24/7, sometimes they reach the severe level.

Good Luck & please let us know how your appt goes

((((hugs))))
Unread 02-05-2003, 08:11 PM
Appointment....

My appointment went so...so. My bp was way up and this is one doc that is very particular about keeping that in check. He ordered blood work for Friday a.m. Changed my Lortab to Ultram because Lortab can raise bp. I have taken Ultram before and really liked the relief I got, once we got the dosage correct. He also changed my muscle relaxer to Parafon Forte 500 mg -- 2 tabs 4x a day prn. Anyone with experience with this particular muscle relaxer?? He also noted that 2 years ago (when I was seeing him before) that I had a positive test result for the Epstein Barr Virus which can be an indicator of CFS which goes right along with the MPS and FMS. This I did not know.

We also discussed the sensitive bladder issue. I told him that when I took Prilosec or Nexium for heartburn that the :burning: in that area seemed to be aleviated to. He explained that the lining of the bladder is much the same as the lining of the GI tract....and that was probably why that particular type med was working....and that as long as it was he had no problem with me continuing to use if for that purpose at least for a few months (to get me further post op).

So........that's the direction we're headed..........hoping it's the right one.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register