Lap for Partial blockage Set | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Lap for Partial blockage Set Lap for Partial blockage Set

Unread 02-03-2003, 05:06 PM
Lap for Partial blockage Set

Well Ladies I an scheduled for out patient surgery on Feb 18th for lysis of bowel adhesions. Right after my 2 year anniversery of my hysterectomy. I go in 6am and should be home before my kids get home so they will never know. I am really nervous and wish I didn't have to wait two weeks. the good part is I will be better in time for my cruise with DH.

Maya
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2003, 09:13 PM
Support

Hi,
I sure hope this helps you. I had adhesions removed from my sigmoid colon when I had a rectocele repaired last year. It did seem to help me with some of the bowel troubles. Waiting is the worst. I have to wait until Feb. 26 for my bladder sling surgery. I wish you all the best.
Love, Light, Blessings
Druid
Unread 02-03-2003, 09:55 PM

I hope things go well for you, the waiting really stinks I have a LSO/look see for adhesions on the 21st, seems like forever away I see from your history you had lysis once before and the appendix/ovary removed, do they think the adhesions might be due to having organs removed again? My surgeon was explaining how that makes us more susceptible, so I was wondering if yours commented on what he thought the cause was.

s to you,
DLK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2003, 11:45 PM

I'm not sure what started the whole adhesion mess but I was looking over all my post op reports and prior to my LEEP biopsy I really didn't have any adhesions and that was after having my tubiligation. As bad as the pain is if it wasn't starting to effect my bowls I wouldn't go through the surgery. The people who will know about this one is my husband and one close friend of mine. I am not telling my family or other close friends because I don't want to hear all there unsolicited advise. The morning of the surgery my husband will take me while the kids are sleep ( we'll say I had a project due for school) and if all goes well I'll be home before they get home from school. The waiting is enough to drive a person crazy however between school, the kids, home and getting ready for the cruise it should fly by.
Unread 02-04-2003, 07:16 AM
(((((((Maya)))))))))))

Good luck honey. I know what you mean about the unsolicited advice.

Out of all my surgeries, my family only knew about one of them. That was enough to encourage me NEVER to tell anyone outside of my immediate family (DH, couple close friends, kids).

Do your thing your way.

Unread 02-04-2003, 11:36 AM
What do you guys think?

To prove my point I casually brought up the " possibility" of more surgery to my mother. I told her that the Dr. said that my bowels were really acting up and that I might need surgery in the near future ( just to see what her response would be). Well the first thing she said was that if I would just stop going to all these Dr.'s and go to the gym and work out things would be better. Let me say that my mother has started going to the gym regularly the last two weeks so this ladies makes her a fitness expert. . Anyway if I had any doubt about not telling her about my surgery in the 18th I sure don't now.

What gives people the right to tell us how to handle our bodies when they have never once been through what what we go through on a daily basis. They really should make all the loved ones and friends of anyone with adhesions go to a class on what to and what not to say. Truthfully if I didn't live in with DH I wouldn't have told him either. He hasn't said anything rude but he sure isn't very supportive anymore. When i told him he just said " tell me where and what time to be there". May be I'm just asking for to much.
Unread 02-04-2003, 05:10 PM

{{{Maya}}}
You will be in my ers sweetie. I think our loved ones sometimes don't know how to deal with us. I know my dh is the most wonderful, loving dh and I know he loves me very much. However, these last 4 years have really thrown him. I know that he wants to help and wants me to be painfree, but it pains him that he cannot fix me. He sees me going to countless doctor visits, numerous surgeries, thousands of tests and yet I still hurt.

He is beginning to accept it and understands that I'm doing what I have to do, but I do know that it hurts him greatly to see me in so much pain and to know that there are no answers. While I suffer the pain I know that he is suffering also.

Different people will handle problems differently. Some may suffer in silence, some may start arguments and fights, some may act like the problems don't exist.

Hang in there Maya.
Unread 02-06-2003, 08:10 AM

I definitely agree with Kim, most people don't know what to say or how to act. I'm sorry your mom wasn't more supportive though, I think some people make comments/or light of the situation so they are more comfortable and they don't have to face the fact of someone they love going through pain etc.

My DH is the greatest, very loving and caring too, but he is totally thrown by all the continued problems and I seem to be one of people in the world that can't do anything easily. I really feel for him because I have put him through so much health wise during our marriage. That doesn't mean I don't get frustrated sometimes with his reactions and help etc. I think he shuts down for awhile to deal with it and then bounces back a couple days later. I wouldn't trade him for the world, he's my best friend, I just realize he has to deal with this too. He has also commented that he can't stand to see me in pain too.

It sounds like you have a busy schedule, please remember to be a good your body will still need lots of water and rest. You want to make sure you are well for that cruise!

s
DLK
Unread 02-06-2003, 08:53 AM
((((((((((Maya))))))))))

I want to let you know that I will keep you in my heart and prayers. I truly hope this surgery will give you much needed relief. We're here for you...

On the topic of sharing with my friends and family...I usually keep my chin up (when I can, and pretend that I'm not sick - if I can). I only confide in my DH (who is very sad and frustrated that he can't fix me, or at least find a doc who can). I also talk with my older sister...but she is going through her own problems, and I don't like to burden her too much. I can't talk to my Mum, because she thinks that all I do is sit at home all day. She thinks I'm not 'trying' hard enough to get better...or she'll go on tangents about her own health. I basically just need her to listen, but she isn't capable of that My Mum is also an 'expert' on things that she doesn't know anything about...I mean she is an expert on EVERYTHING I just sit back and nod/listen. Over the years, I've learned that it is much easier that way.

I've been on this road for a long time, and I think I should be used to the comments that friends and family send my way. I'm not though. The comments either hurt me deeply, or make me very angry. Both are not good considering all of my health problems. Sorry to rant away on your thread my dear. I started out wishing you well with your surgery...and then went off on my own tangent!

Remember you have us. You have all been my saving grace. If I didn't have all of you to talk to/share with, I think they'd be sending me to the rubber room.

Keep us updated...S
Unread 02-06-2003, 12:25 PM

(((maya))),
My thoughts & prayers will be with you as well Only you know what decision must be made for your health..I too hold back my Physical ailments for fear of what others always seem to say
I do hope this surgery provides you with some much deserved relief maya Please post when your up to it & let us know how your doing...((((hugs))))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register