OUCH! OUCH! OUCH! My breast!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

OUCH! OUCH! OUCH!  My breast!!! OUCH! OUCH! OUCH! My breast!!!

Unread 02-03-2003, 10:00 PM
OUCH! OUCH! OUCH! My breast!!!

I've been feeling like a whole new woman...terrific in every way. Suddenly tonight I have got the most horrible pain in my right breast...started with normal, barely there conact with the car seatbelt. Came home and did a breast exam (which about had me writhing in pain) and there aren't any abnormalities that I can feel - except I can barely touch my breast! Came to hystersisters and am wondering if this is excessive estrogen? I was plainly having classic PMS last week (the down side of keeping both ovaries, I suppose.) Egads...I never had tenderness like this, even when pregnant! Advise?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2003, 10:50 PM

Hi galendwilder,

Unfortunately, there is a down side of keeping your ovaries --- you do have PMS and symptoms when you ovulate, you just don't bleed (thank goodness for that!) I've noticed the typical breast tenderness I've always had (along with backache, etc.), but nothing as extreme as you describe.

I think I'd be inclined to talk to my doctor about this. That said, the ladies here are so knowledgeable I'm sure that someone will be along soon who can help shed some light on the subject.

I hope this helps!

z
Unread 02-04-2003, 08:16 AM

You should talk to your Dr. just to make sure.
However, I kept my ovaries also. And about three months post op I started noticing my breasts were so sore. Not just tender and achey like before my surgery, but sore. I coulld not even have the water run on them in the shower, and the nipples were like that too. About two months ago I started on a natural progesterone cream. And it took about a week and the breast pain went away. Then when it was my week to be off the cream, the pain came back. After three days now back on the pain is gone. Thank goodness. So after this experiment, and I'd gone to my Dr. and my chiro. and was told by my test results that my progesterone/estrogen were not in sync with one another, for lack of a better word. I did not have low estrgen or progesterone, however my ratio was way off. So the progesterone was what I needed to try. And it worked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2003, 09:05 AM

Hi there, I also kept my ovaries,and my breasts were extremely sore,until I started on the bi-est. I was taking 2mg of the estradiol. About 1 month ago I started the bi-est,the natural compounded estrogen,and I have very minimal hot flashes,and no breast tenerness. Its great.
Not everybody is the same,so what works for one might not work for the other,but so far this is what has worked for me.
Good luck.Take care,Barbie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register