Dizziness and HRT | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dizziness and HRT Dizziness and HRT

Unread 02-04-2003, 03:12 PM
Dizziness and HRT

Hello Sisters:

Just want you all to know what a life save this board is. Anything I need to know all I have to do is come here. More info than the doctor's offices.

I had a total hysterectomy back when I was in my 30's I am not 52. I have tried different types of HRT and am presently on Estrace 1mg in the morning and in the evening.

Here is my problem. I have heard that HRT can effect the thyroid. I get real dizzy when it gets close to the time to take my hormone pill. After I take it then in a little while the dizziness gets better. I generally take it at 9:00pm. By morning I start getting dizzy again around 9:00 and that is why I started taking the extra pill. I don't understand what is happening here. The doctor's all say that the hormone pill should be doing the exact opposite and creating the dizziness. I am stumped.

I go tomorrow for my annual and I am going to have my Gyno check my thyroid, a full panel, and my hormone levels. I had my thyroid checked before, a full panel supposedly, and they tell me everything checked out fine. So if it is not my thyroid what is it?
I'm tired of not being able to live a normal life because of it.

I would appreciate any input on this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2003, 05:59 PM
Dizziness and HRT

if your physical workup comes out ok, you may want to consider a patch that delivers the same amount of estrogen on a constant basis. i know vivelle dot is very popular here.
Unread 02-04-2003, 06:56 PM
Dizziness and HRT

I agree with Cynthia, when I took the Estrace pill I noticed symptoms as it wore off and more so after I took the pill. I use the Vivelle dot (also bio-identical estridiol) and I don't feel the flucations except when I use my progesterone cream and will often get a hotflash within 10 minutes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2003, 07:32 AM
I agree

Hi:

I'm also on estrace and I also get dizzy in the morning about an hour after I take it...I've been on it for about two months...

Today I see the doctor for my leg pain AGAIN and Im going to ask about the Vivelle Dot...

This is no fun ladies...

Julie
Unread 02-05-2003, 11:26 AM
Dizziness & HRT

Thanks for all your replies. I was wondering does your dizziness leave you after awhile. Mine stays with me all day long. It doesn't get somewhat better until it is time for my next dose. Sometimes I get a funny feeling in my throat too. I had a sample of the Climara patch and when I put it on I was dizzy instantly. I would like to try the Dot and see if it is any better. I wonder if I need to lower my dose if that would help.
Unread 02-05-2003, 06:08 PM
Dizziness and HRT

if things don't work out adjusting your estrogen you may want to try adding progesterone....that's what i had to do.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register