I had my appt | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I had my appt I had my appt

Unread 02-06-2003, 10:11 AM
I had my appt

I am home from my second 3 month follow up. My dr said everything looked fine from the exam.....healing well and no signs of problems..The chest xray was normal..Now the wait for the pap and bloodwork. I asked her to run a thyroid and arthritis blood work, just to make sure about the achy joints.
I totally freaked myself out.....Last night my right underarm hurt and I looked and there was a soft bump.....Of course.....I thought the worst....."Oh no a lymphnode".....I was so afraid to show the doc but she looked at it and said it was only a ingrown hair that had gotten a bit infected.....I shared with her my worries and she was wonderful, as usual. She reassured me that everything was be fine. Boy, I tell you the mind sure can get wild.....
I will post again when my bloodwork and pap are in.......But so far so good!!
We discussed my bone density that was done at my last appt and she said it showed signs of osteopenia (sp?) and that could mean problems in the future if I wasn't careful. She recommended that I start Fosomax once a week. I am going to give it a try. Any thoughts on this from anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2003, 12:27 PM
I had my appt

s Chris

So far your appt sounds great! Congrats. I know this is always a relief. Hopefully your PAP and labs will be just as grand.
I too showed signs of osteopenia just six months after my hyster as per dexa scan. I am also on weekly fosomax and daily calcium. Just doing what we gotta do!

karenann
Unread 02-06-2003, 01:50 PM
Congratulations!

I know the tests will be good. However, you did not report on your scootch. Hmmmmm.... You sound like you have a great doctor. A big
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2003, 02:28 PM
I had my appt

Oh yes, I did a great scootch!!!!!......I am getting very good at it. I forgot to tell my doc about that, but for sure will tell her on my next visit. I am sure she will get a kick out of it. Chris
Unread 02-06-2003, 03:18 PM
I had my appt

Sounds like a good appt!! I, too, was all nerved up this morning! Guess it's hard for all of us not to be a little anxious with our appointments.

Sounds like another successful scootch.
Unread 02-06-2003, 05:51 PM
I had my appt

Chris, I have osteopenia, and have been taking Actonel since last April. I will have another bone density test in 2 months to see if it has helped. If my fingernails are any testament, it must be helping, I've never had nails before now! Make sure you take calcium with the Fosomax, from what I understand, it doesn't work alone. I chew 4 Tums daily. This is what my gyn. recommended. I'm glad to hear everything else is alright. Candy
Unread 02-06-2003, 08:05 PM
I had my appt

Hi Chris!

So glad you had a good check up and keeping my fingers crossed for good results from your tests. I fully understand your anxiety about the bump!

Unread 02-07-2003, 07:48 AM
I had my appt

Hi Chris!

Sounds like you had a great appointment and another successful "scootch"

I am also taking Fosamax for Osteopenia. It can at with some people upset the tummy so be sure to let your Dr know if you have any troubles with that. I have troubles for a couple days after taking it then my tummy calms down again.

I hope the Pap and bloodwork all turn out with GREAT results.

Keep us posted.

{{Hugs}}

Vicki

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register