colon resection? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

colon resection? colon resection?

Unread 02-10-2003, 03:00 PM
God bless you!

Linda,
I just want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. You have been such a good sister to so many of us. Thanks for always responding and giving support. You are priceless.

I am so sorry that you have transferred to yet another road! Where the hell is that exit sign anyway?

Take care, Crystal Joy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2003, 05:36 PM
colon resection?

{{{Linda}}}
I know how you feel my friend. Unfortunately we do not choose the cards that are dealt us. However, I know that you are strong and you will get thru this. You have many friends here who will be here for you. Lean on us, our shoulders are big and we give the best s
Unread 02-10-2003, 08:47 PM
((((((Linda)))))))

Lots and lots of huge 's for you. I'm so sorry that you are having to go through this, and just when you had passed your hysterversary.

I'm sorry I really don't have any info to offer you but I wanted you to know that you will be in my thoughts. I am glad that your docs are on top of this, it doesnt sound like something to fool around with.

I don't know how I would have made it through the last 7 months if it hadn't been for your support. If there's anything I can do, feel free to holler at me. We are on opposite coasts or I'd rush right over.

Good Luck and to you.

Dawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2003, 01:43 AM
colon resection?

I am sending you lots and lots of and prayers. As you know I had My colon resection done in Dec for colon cancer. Yes, you are lucky it isn't malignant, that is just more stess you don't need for this surgery. I am doing really good right now, but mine has been a slower recovery, partially because I had just had my hysterectomy done Aug 29th and was still recovering from that. Does everyone with diverticulitis eventually end up with a resection? Just wondering cause after my colonoscopy I barely recall her saying I had it. Maybe they removed it during the surgery, i'll have to ask when I see her on the 24th. My surgery stay was 7 days. I had a morphine pump, so the pain was minimal. Of course I also had shots of demerol for breakthough pain. Plus ex strength vicodin for home. My surgeon couldn't and wouldn't have done this surgery laparoscopially. For one thing they can see better, and the lap proceedure is definately not used in cases where cancer is present. I chose to forgo the second opinion, because I just wanted the cancer gone, in your case I think a second can't hurt. Of course it is always an individual choice. My scar starts at my breast bone and winds it's way around the bellybutton down to my abdominal incision from the hysterectomy. It really isn't looking to bad now. While he was in there he removed some adhesions. I never even knew the adhesions were there, and I don't think he used a barrier, but I am bad bad and never even asked. Guess the shock of having cancer overtook the need to know I will probably have to have colonoscopies done every 3 months for a year, but that's life. I just hope that she lets me use the phosphosoda, or I may just develope an allergy to golytly lol. Linda you have been a rock for so many ladies in here including me, so now it's our turn to be there for you. Please know that you will be in my prayers and I'll be checking the board to see how you are. Many blessings to you. Deb
Unread 02-14-2003, 07:26 PM
colon resection?

Hey, let me know what you find out. I'm a little better today, but still having some low grade fever and some pain. Not taking quite as much pain meds but still having to. My family regular doctor is going to see me Monday and order tests to confirm what's going on. He thinks it's what you said. My dad has it but he has diarhea with his and he is passing blood in his stools, but I'm taking those meds right on the dot when I'm supposed to and yeah I've got that funny taste in my mouth. I'm still having pretty hard bowel movements but not much gas but I'm having them pretty regular. My nausea is better, just feel like I've got the flu. I'll pray for both of us, sounds like we both have the same things. Let me know, I'll get on a plane and come to California to get out of having to be cut on the belly again. Let me know girlie, and I'll stay in touch. Hope you feel better soon too. beth

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register