long time no see | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

long time no see long time no see

Unread 02-06-2003, 09:27 PM
long time no see

Hi ladies
I posted about 4-5 months ago inquiring about CIN1/Mild Dysplasia. I had been treated with cryosurgery for that in mid-october. I had worried that there might be more to my story...and came here in search of questions. So many of you recommended that I see a gyn. onc., if only to allay my fears. I regret, more than you know, to say that I did not...

In Nov. I returned to the doctor because I had bleeding when I ran (I was getting ready for a 5k for Turkey Day) and was having pain when hubby and I would have sex. They were annoyed and put out by my presence and dismissed me with a period chart to log my cycle, saying it was 'probably hormonal'. However, they did do a pelvic before booting me out the door.

January comes and I am exhausted, so tired. I have been having achy joints. I went to the gen. practice dr. I told her about my fatigue, joints, my recent dissatisfaction with my ob/gyn, the cryo, etc...She, thinking I have rheum. arthritis or Lupus, ran all types of blood work. To put my mind at ease, she also sent me for an ultrasound. Bloodwork, came back fine for autoimmune stuff, but white blood count is low. I had the ultrasound done today. I asked them to phone the report to my gp as I had an appt with her (to look over a bone scan report I had done on Monday- for arthralgia)...Bone scan was fine...ultrasound, not so much...

I have a septated (I think that's the word- I kept calling it septic- as in 'system') cyst on one of my ovaries (I was in such a fog, that I didn't hear her say which one). It is 4.5 X 4 X 2.5 cm big. I have fluid somewhere or other, not sure about that either. Tomorrow I am being seen bright and early by a NEW ob/gyn! From there I hope to be referred to an gyn. onc- I"ll make sure of it this time.

I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar dx and what was your course of action...and prognosis...I am a wreck...today is my 10 year wedding anniversary! It has been just awful!
thanks...bunches...
Ericka
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2003, 06:22 AM
long time no see

s Ericka

You are very young and I bet there is an excellent chance this will all turn out to be nothing.
However, when an ultrasound shows a cyst with septation and free fluid in your abdomen, it is certainly time to consult with a gyn oncologist. Insist upon this when you visit your doctor.
You might also request a blood test called a ca125.
Keep in touch. We are wishing you the very best!!!

karenann
Unread 02-07-2003, 09:05 AM
long time no see

{{Ericka}}

I'm so sorry you're having this scare but am glad to hear that you are seeing a new Dr. I'm with Karenann, insist on seeing a Gyn Oncologist just to cover all the bases.

I hope all turns out to be nothing to worry about and easily resolved. Please keep us posted on how the appointments go.

{{Hugs}}

Vicki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2003, 09:48 AM
long time no see

's Ericka,

Just want to wish you good luck tomorrow and say that I am glad you're going to make sure you see a gyn/onc.

Unread 02-11-2003, 04:03 PM
long time no see

Thanks for your replies...I finally have an appointment scheduled with a gyn/onc for next wednesday. I am nervous, yet relieved...to be in comptetent hands is quite a relief...I have really been put off by my recent experiences with doctors (with the exception of my primary)...
At my aunt's insistence I became a little pushy and took things into my own hands, as best as I could...My aunt is a nurse that works for my insurance company...how fortunate for me, right? She recommended two gyn/oncs that are reputable and said she would make sure that I had not problems with insurance...my mind is at peace...for now, at least...
thanks again for your support...i'll keep you posted...
Ericka

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register