Just found out I have a fistula - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Just found out I have a fistula Just found out I have a fistula

Unread 02-08-2003, 12:23 PM
Just found out I have a fistula

Hi Louise,

Glad to hear you got to go for a walk- I would love to do that-!! I am taking at easy- just doing easy stuff and having the kids help me..
still no bladder spasms(thank goodness).. but I am so numb down there anyway- maybe they won't be so bad if I get them- I have had 5 abdominal surgeries.. so really have no feeling left anyway!! well off to bed again.. talk to you later- hope you are staying warm..
from the frozen northeast
Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2003, 09:45 AM

Karen,

It's great you're not having spasms-let's hope it stays that way!

Hope you're staying warm and getting lots of rest(and drinking lots of water!)

sending lots of hugs your way,

Louise
Unread 02-09-2003, 10:31 AM

Hi Louise,

Still plugging along- just want to WISH the time awy- I feel awful about that- did a little picking up today and am still resting alot although I admit it is hard to do..

? about the bag- my daytime one seems to not fill as much as the nite one- is there a reason for that(moving around etc??) - I am calling URO tomorrow to ask him, but have alot more come out during the night..

Anyway off to eat a little and watch a movie- talk to you later

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2003, 01:58 PM

Karen,

My "output" was about twice as much during the night and mornings as in the rest of the day-even after I had the repair surgery. I never thought to ask anyone, let me know what he says about it!

Louise
Unread 02-09-2003, 08:19 PM

Hey Karen,

Weighing in on the ditropan/Detrol debate.... for me the ditropan was hands down the best. You have to take it more often, but it just did such a great job. I used it because of having to wear the stent in my ureter for 6 weeks. You won't have to do that since the hole is in your bladder.

Echoing Louise, lots of fluids, rest, enjoy this extended time off. I got more done like reading, crocheting, etc. than I had since I went off to kindergarten 42 years ago. There has to be some good to come out of all this.

I agree with the night time output. Mine was always more at night.

We will just pray that this thing DOES heal up without the extra surgery.

Hang in there and don't get too cold. Brrrrrrr!

MaryJulia
Unread 02-10-2003, 08:00 AM

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the info- I am off to call DR right now and rest again.. I also want to know- are the bags gravity fed or can they back up into your bladder?? it seems I leak more when my feet are up and I have that leg bag on??!!

Anyway will ask him- also what are the best brands to buy - I need to get an extra leg bag for the dreaded "just in case" syndrome.. will keep you posted..

it is sooooooo cold and we are getting 3-5" of more snow today!! YUCK.. see ya later

Karen
Unread 02-10-2003, 08:54 AM

Morning!

Karen, I know the bags need to be below your bladder-Once the urine is in the bag, it can't come back out to back up. All my bags were Kendall-they worked fine for me. I never had to purchase any-every time I went in for tests they gave me more! I just found 3 under my bathroom sink that I never used! I usually kept a big bag on if I was staying home-I seemed to stay more comfortable than with the leg bag.

Stay warm-I really don't miss that cold!

Louise
Unread 02-10-2003, 10:29 AM

Hi Louise

That is basically what DR office said.. keep it below bladder and it is gravity that brings it down- wish they told me that- they might have nad I just missed it..new ?- how about the sore behind thing- anything good for that- am using A&D- but it still hurts..

anyway just had the 1st of I am sure many accidents with leg bag in the familyroom- all over hardwood floor and good carpet- oh well- I have night bag on now- that way I can lay down better- but it does bother the kids- they are still little.. anyway thanks for the info I'm off for a little food and guess what?? it is snowing again and kids will be home again soon..

Thanks
Karen
Unread 02-10-2003, 12:44 PM

Karen,

I WISH I knew what helped the sore bottom-I still have that problem, I think from all the sitting around!

My grandsons were a little freaked about the bag, too, but we made a game of seeing how full I could get the bag and it also remended them not to jump on me!

Stay warm!

Louise
Unread 02-10-2003, 01:36 PM

(((Karen))), have you tried Balmex for that sore bottom? When my kids were little and one of them used to get bad diaper rash, it was the only thing that worked. Just an

When I had my cath at home I found it helped a lot to sleep on the side with the leg bag on it... and I had to wedge a pillow behind my lower back to keep me from rolling over onto the other side. This had the added benefit of being good for my back!

Stay warm!
s,
-Linda
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register