Just found out I have a fistula - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Just found out I have a fistula Just found out I have a fistula

Unread 02-11-2003, 09:48 AM
Just found out I have a fistula

Morning Karen!

Hope you're feeling well this morning.

I was checking out the new forums and there may be another sister with a fistula posting. This is happening too much! I guess it just proves that doctors are human, too-they make mistakes!

Raining here-I'm ckeaning my bedroom so that it stops looking like a sick room...

Oh, went out shopping yesterday and saw an aquaintance who said she heard about my "problems" and said " I had MY hyster 3 years agi, and didn't have any problems..." I just love it when they say that, as if I am some kind of freak...

Have a great day-I'll be back later!

Louise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2003, 02:06 PM

Hi Louise

Glad you are feeling better- I went out today to my girlfriends(who I work for) and got in about an hour or so- it felt good to get out, but I am still tired and I really can't nap for some reason..

the kids should be home any minute and then I'm off to make an easy chicken dinner- for some reason I feel so much better when I am standing- think I have a yeast infection from the antibiotics so took medicine for that today- sometimes I don't know what I am feeling..

are you back to work yet- I guess not from the posts and how long are you out from surgery?? I just want this over with and am having a very hard time.. anyway I hear the kids so I'm off again..

Stay out of the rain- I wish it was warm enough here for that..

Chat soon
Karen
Unread 02-11-2003, 07:30 PM

Hey Karen,

Sorry I haven't had time to catch up on the board lately and I missed a very tough time in the begining. You have been in great hands though with all the Fistula Girls, not sure if you needed anymore input.

I know that the waiting is the toughest part of the process and once you know what you will face it does become easier.

I lived in Rhode Island for four years where my husband is from and I know how cold it can be in New England. It has been great in Florida lately so everyone is out and about including me. Up to 2 1/2 miles a day walking and I feel good. Something to look forward to Karen in your future. The good news is that once you get fixed you can have your life back.

Keep us posted and don't feel afraid to ask any questions that you may have, we have discussed it all before I am sure.

You are in my prayers,

Barbara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2003, 06:16 AM

Hi Barbara,

Thanks for the kind words- you are right- the waiting is the worst part- just like before the hyster except now I know the true meaning of waiting..

It just goes one day at a time- I am going to try and do some more reading if I can get my concentration back.. . I just keep praying it will warm up a little and I could get outside and sit.. hopefully by the end of March.. anyway I am going out for about an hour to Costco with my husband- we have used up all the supplies I thought I needed from before hyster so I have a big list- I'll walk and he picks up and packs the car..

Everyone have a great day and I am praying for all..
Thanks
Karen
Unread 02-12-2003, 09:33 AM

Hi, Karen!

Hope you're feeling ok this morning! Have fun at Costco-don't lift anything!

Louise
Unread 02-14-2003, 07:40 AM

Hi Ladies

Happy Valentine's Day- hope everyone gets alot of chocolate!! Feel OK today- not great, but hope to have that soon- it is sooo cold here that you can't even go out for long.. last night was 0 degrees and I think it is about 17 now..

getting used to this bag thing- and my behind feels better- got treated for a yeast infection and that is much better too.. just hoping to maybe get out for a little while with the kids- I feel so bad that I can't do much..

oh well- I'm off to read for a while.. keep me posted as to all the good things going on- they get me thru the day!!
s
Karen
Unread 02-14-2003, 06:35 PM

Hey Karen,

I know it is hard to rest when you feel like you should be doing stuff, with the kids, with work, with dh..... but this is your time to heal. You just concentrate on taking the best care of you that you can, and let others help too. One of the best pieces of advice any one gave me, even before the hysterectomy, was that ANYtime ANYone offers to do ANY thing, I was to smile and say, "Thanks, that would be so kind of you." I think it is in our nature to try to do it all by ourselves. We rob others of the joy of helping when we do that. My family and I have been so totally blessed by all the outpouring of friend's sharing meals, kind words and prayers with us.

Now you go take care of yourself so that you can get well soon!!

Stay Warm!

hyster-fistula-sister
MaryJulia
Unread 02-14-2003, 11:57 PM
I have at least one fistula

Hi, I just found out today that I have at least one fistula. Its good to know that I'm not alone, I had a tah/bso/adeno/endo and cyst hyster one day before you did..
Any one have any suggestions on what to wear with the catheter bag? this is my first cath besides the hospital;

Hope that you feel better soon,

and happy valentines day to all. Yeah :

Jan

Admin. note: this post has been copied into a separate new thread in this forum called "I have at least one fistula" so that Jan may benefit from the support of everyone in the forum, but a copy was left here so sisters posting on this thread will know to look for her over there
Unread 02-16-2003, 08:42 AM

Hi Ladies,

Well another day has gone by- and it is still way to cold out and tomorrow more snow 6"-12"- I tell you- if all this doesn't get to me I don't know what will..

Am trying to stay focused and not doing well today- just yelled at my kids for nothing and now feel terrible- I know in my heart this will get better BUT.....I am struggling today..

we are going out to dinner I hope if I feel up to it and that will at least get me out of the house for a while.. I might take a drive anyway- I miss my new car!!

well I'm off to take a shower- hope everyone has a good day and lets pray for Spring to come soon!!

Karen
Unread 02-16-2003, 05:44 PM

Karen,

Hope you're feeling better today.

All the waiting is the hardest part I know. Just try and take each day one at a time, I know it's a cliche, but it's true! Your kids will understand that mom is not herself, and they will help get you through it. Looking back, I wish I had made a "recovery quilt" or something to take up some time. This web site was my sanity salvation, I don't think I would've made it without all the women here!

This is your time to heal, don't push yourself too much. At the most, it will be a few months till you're 100% recovered-give yourself that time, your family will survive this bump in there daily lives.

Before I had my repair surgery-I took the longest hot showers, it was the only time I felt good-I didn't worry about the cathater or my inciision, my bladder spasms stopped-and I stayed in there till the hot water ran out! Now, I'm in and out in a hurry-so see, it WILL get better!

Have a good night-hope you're not freezing and snowed in! (I still miss the snow...)

Louise
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register