Just found out I have a fistula - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Just found out I have a fistula Just found out I have a fistula

Unread 02-28-2003, 06:00 PM
Just found out I have a fistula

Karen,

Good to hear from you and I'm glad you got some meds for the UTI. You might want to see if your dr will just leave you on antibiotics so you don't get those nasty UTI's.

I remember those spasms, I hope I never have to go through that again-they can drop you to your knees, can't they?

I'm sure you'll be ok at dinner-I always felt better just to get out of the house. I hear you might be in for more snow? Stay warm!

I go back to work Monday and wish I could postpone it another week since I'm really enjoying all the free time since I feel good now! I wish I could say I've accomplished alot the past few months, I haven't! I did paint our bedroom, but that's it!

Had a great time last night for dh's b-day-danced ALOT and I couldn't believe how out of breath I got! Today I am sore-I am so out of shape...

I will be busy all weekend so I might not post till Monday when I get home from work. Take care and remember you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Lots of hugs,

Louise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2003, 10:57 PM

Karen, good luck on monday, I hope all goes well and you get your catheter out soon . Have a great time in NY.

s to all my sisters,

Jan
Unread 03-01-2003, 06:34 AM

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the good wishes on Monday- I have my fingers crossed.. feel alot better today and am going to just take at easy before going out later.. hope you are feeling better Jan and I am praying for you when Friday rolls around.. Just to get an answer will make us both feel better!!

well off to chase down the laundry baskets with the help of the kids.. have a good weekend..

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2003, 08:13 PM

Karen,

How was your test today? My prayers that you got good news...

I'm home frm work-really tired and my bladder is so sore! Feels like a UTI-hope not...

A big hug coming your way!

Louise
Unread 03-04-2003, 10:14 AM
Update

Hi Ladies

Well unfortunately the fistula is still there. Saw it yesterday during cystogram and was not really expecting it not to be there.

Sooooo we are now onto the next step. I have surgery scheduled for 3/18/03. He will go in thru the vagina, fix it and I will stay one night in castle. I will come home with supra and foley for 2 weeks and then have foley for another 2 weeks. I am just relieved to have some kind of answer.

Just now want the 2 weeks to go by so I can get back on track. I really am not upset and know this surgery will hopefully not be as bad as hyster. He says I should feel well in a couple of days. We will see.. thankyou all for the help and support, couldn't have done it alone.. cause you all "get" what is going on if you know what I mean.

Anyway I have to go, so everyone stay warm and will keep you posted.

Karen
Unread 03-04-2003, 11:03 AM

Karen, at least you have some answers and a surgery date! I went home also with a supra. If you get discouraged about the catheters just remember they are giving your bladder and chance to heal after the surgery. My doctor told me that the bladder is very forgiving after surgery which translated to that it heals fast. Glad they can fix it through the vagina.

Keep us posted, will be praying for you.

Sherry xo
Unread 03-04-2003, 06:53 PM

Hey Karen,

Glad you have a plan in place now. Just take really good care of yourself until then. (and beyond, of course) I will be praying for you.

Louise, You've made it through 2 days of work? How is your bladder now? Did you have a UTI?

As Always,

MaryJulia
Unread 03-05-2003, 07:08 AM

Sherry and MaryJulia

Thanks for the kind words- I feel well except can't walk to far with this foley unfortunately!! So will wait with much patience.. alot of health issues going on with extended family too which is not helping matters..everyone have a good day!

warm s
Karen
Unread 03-08-2003, 11:02 AM

Hi All

No real change here for me just still waiting- have pre-op on Wednesday and am trying to juggle who goes where and when starting on 3/18..

I am sooo happy today- it is actually over 40 degrees here for the 1st time in a long time- wish it would melt all the snow but not a chance.. hope everyone is doing well and keeping warm and dry..

Talk to you all soon

Karen
Unread 03-10-2003, 07:32 AM

Hi Ladies,

Good morning all!! I am posting here because you all are so helpful.. just want some feedback as to my new question..

OK- here goes.. it is the hormone issue- I had a TAH/BSO and we never went over HRT before surgery because my ovaries were suppossed to stay in- but they ended up out along with all my other problems..

I have been reading alot about the hormones and really don't want to be on them at all and might try that at some point, but really can't do anything until the fistula is healed. I am on Estratest and just want to know if any of you are on the bio-identical stuff, natural hormones or maybe none and how you are doing and feeling. I know my system is still out of whack but I am not sleeping well, moody, jumpy and a few other things.(gee wonder why??)

I am changing Gyn after my surgery and am not calling my old one with any questions so am just looking for any helpful hints that I can add to my list. I do feel well otherwise most of the time but want to get this straight as soon as possible. I go for pre-op Wednesday and next week am in castle again. hope everyone is doing and feeling better today and looking forward to hearing from you.
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register