Hello Ladies--back from my PAP | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hello Ladies--back from my PAP Hello Ladies--back from my PAP

Unread 02-07-2003, 07:05 AM
Hello Ladies--back from my PAP

Hello Ladies

I am so happy --- the doctor said everything looks normal -- what a wonderful word! He did a pap and colposcopy (with the vinegar wash) and saw nothing to biopsy!!!! He wants me back in August -- he also said that if these two paps come back normal I can go back to once a year paps! So I am still awaiting the actual results of the pap but it looks hopeful!

As for the scootch -- well I would have to claim a perfect "10" -- but then I would be cheating!!!! His office is so cool! It is equipped with an electrical chair that with a push of the button becomes an examining table. It is rather comical -- you feel like your body is hanging almost upside down for the world to see! It is also equipped so that you can see yourself internally (you are looking at it on a television) -- got to see my cervix -- I guess there is a first for everything!

Anyway we discussed that I have still been missing periods and he suggested that I keep a period chart --- he says he will put me on low dose progesterone if periods start getting heavy when they do come. His pathology department read my slide and concurred with the original diagnosis. He also read me the letter he sent to the original gyno who was insisting I must have a hysterectomy even with clear margins from leep. She was the one who hung up on me when I told her I went for a second opinion!

I want to say thank you to all of you for the wonderful support extended to me throughout all of this --- I won't say goodbye though...you are not getting rid of me that fast -- I will still keep coming around to hopefully hear of others good news and to offer support to others --- besides you ladies are a part of my life now!!!

s and s to all,
Carol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2003, 03:08 PM

Way to go, Carol! You must be feeling great about now. Make sure you go out and celebrate--this is wonderful news!

I hope the period thing gets ironed out for you.

I'm thinking we'll have to come up with a whole new scoring system for those ladies with the high-tech tables. It wouldn't be fair to totally eliminate you from the competition .

Well, good luck to you Carol. I'm glad to hear you'll be staying around for a while. We'll be wanting to hear about your future PAP's so we can celebrate your successes with you!

Unread 02-07-2003, 03:29 PM

s Carol

What wonderful news!!! Time to celebrate. And that six month time between checkups is to be envied.
Congrats and please do stay around these parts.

karenann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2003, 05:49 PM

: Carol! Good for you! I'll be looking for your "all clear" report on the path.

Unread 02-07-2003, 05:56 PM
Great News!

Say that sounds like quite the setup your doctor has there for exams! And then to get such great news! Doing the happy for you and sending a
Unread 02-07-2003, 07:59 PM

Hi Everyone,

{{{Jeanine}}}
Thanks for setting up a new thread with my message...so that I would not miss out on sharing my news...always looking out for us!!

Yes I am very happy and my birthday happens to be tomorrow...so what better gift. I told the doctor he told me no hysterectomy a week before Christmas, that made the perfect Christmas gift and now the perfect birthday gift.

As I said earlier, I am still awaiting the pap results but I am trying to be real positive.

Thanks for all the encourage, love and support ladies....I don't know what I would have done without all of you.

s and Love to all
Carol
Unread 02-07-2003, 11:13 PM

{{Carol}}

Way to go!!! Its always so nice to hear such GREAT news!!!!

I bet you're 'ng on air! Now the "official" word is just gonna have to match eh?

I hope you have a great Birthday and for your present "Great results". Go do some serious celebrating.

Keep us posted.

{{Hugs}}

Vicki
Unread 02-09-2003, 11:53 AM

Hi Carol,

I'm sorry I'm late in wishing you a and congratulations on your check-up!! I am glad that I ran across your post and that it was such good news!!

's

Karen
Unread 02-11-2003, 07:47 PM
Great News

I purposely logged in to see if there was any word from you. Congrat now and many more congrats for the future!!
Unread 02-12-2003, 11:36 AM

Hi Nappy
Thanks for looking for me and my follow up......so far so good. As you know though I am still awaiting the results of the pap. I am hoping though that since he did not see anything to biopsy that the pap will come back normal. I will be anxiously awaiting to hear your news in March. Please make sure you let us know what happens.

Hugs and prayers to all,
Carol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register