'O Miss Maria Lynn.... Where are you????? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

'O Miss Maria Lynn.... Where are you????? 'O Miss Maria Lynn.... Where are you?????

Unread 02-07-2003, 10:34 PM
'O Miss Maria Lynn.... Where are you?????

Hey Lady!!!

I've been missing you and haven't seen you lately

I hope everything's going well for you but wanted to let you know I miss seeing your calming posts.

Got another chat going so please pop in if you can.

Love ya!!!

{{Hugs}}

Vicki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2003, 07:47 AM

Huge s Maria

You are sorely missed around these parts.
Just not the same without you posting!

karenann
Unread 02-08-2003, 08:47 AM

((((Hey Girls)))))

Thanks so much for the post Vicki!!
I guess I am on a bit of "illness" overload, and have been taking a break from the site, although still reading when I can.

Since my diagnosis, some of you know I lost a dear sister in law last June to cancer, and also have a brother in law who is terminal and was given 6-12 months. My SIL was 51 and my BIL is 47. His is spreading very rapidly now. I kind of feel like since my own diagnosis, its been one family member after the other who has been ill.

I am actually disconnecting my home internet next Friday. I am on a computer all day at work, and at times spending 4 hours a night on it at home, and I feel I need to make some changes. Hopefully I will get motivated to get out more, or exercise or even pick up a book and read something where I actually have to turn paper pages....instead of click the mouse!! It will be hard at first I am sure, as I have had internet at home for gosh, must be 5 years now anyway. If I go into severe withdrawal, I will get it back.

I will however pop in when I can from work, and I do have my yahoo email address. I tried changing my email addy here on the site, but its not taking yahoo addresses anymore I think.

I really will try to pop in when I can though, and I don't plan to lose touch. I just really need to have some time where illness is not so much involved in my daily thoughts. I hope that doesn't sound mean because you are all in my thoughts daily, and I wish everyone the very best always!! I mentioned to Karen if anything specific comes up that I can help with, don't hesitate to let me know.

Love and Hugs to you all,
M. xoxoxo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2003, 09:49 AM

{{{Maria}}}

I'm so very sorry that your BIL's prognosis isn't more positive. I understand the "why" they have to do that but I hate it as well. I hope and pray that he proves them wrong.

I wish there was something I could do or say that might help that overloaded feeling. Its especially rough when its your family that its happening to. Not only do the normal feelings immerge but "survivor guilt" as well I think considering.

Just speaking from sheer selfishness, I hope you go into withdrawal quickly. Seriously though, I hope it works and whatever you need to do brings you peace.

I screwed up a while back and attempted to upgrade my aol service, in the process I lost all of my old info including all my old emails. So, if you would could you send me your addy again? I lost everything

Love ya gal!

{{Hugs}}

Vicki

p.s. So, before you shut er down, come join the cancer chat tomorrow afternoon, please, please, please???
Unread 02-09-2003, 08:30 AM

Maria,
I so completely understand why you're removing your internet. You have more than your share of medical knowledge...first hand. I hope and pray you find peace.

Personally, I would like you to know the encouragement and support you have given me have made my cancer journey smoother. You were the very first one to reply to my very first post...and what you said in that post has stuck with me daily for almost 2 years now!! Bet you didn't know what an effect you would have on me!! You took away that 'dirty' feeling for me, that cervical cancer gives. Thank you....your unconditional support and concern helped me through the most traumatic, and scary time of my life.

Thank you my friend...
Unread 02-09-2003, 11:08 AM

Maria

I'm so sorry.

I do think that I feel much better when I'm not on the computer all night as well as all day. But it's hard to cut oneself off too.

I hope you do stay in touch. PM me your yahoo address so I can keep Nova Scotia close to my heart.

Unread 02-11-2003, 01:01 PM

((((Vicki, Karen, Transplant, Trish)))))
Thank you all so very much. Your kindness has truly touched my heart, and makes turning off my home internet access hard to do, but for now I know its the best thing to do.

Transplant, you are so sweet! Its wonderful to know that my replies to you have made a difference and brought you comfort. Thats what this great site is all about, and I appreciate your kind words!! I hope things are going well for you!!

I really will check in when I can from work! You can take the girl outta hystersisters, but ya can't take hystersisters outta the girl!! I've made so many fantastic friendships here, and I will never forget that!!

Love ya my friends!!
M. xoxoxoxox
Unread 02-11-2003, 04:30 PM

(((Maria)))

So sorry to hear about your BIL. You've had so much "stuff" to deal with the last couple of years. And yet you've always had a nice, bright shiny face for us here. We have been so blessed! I am holding you to your word that you will still be stopping in periodically. This place just wouldn't be the same without you.

I don't have the option of disconnecting--my kids would kill me! Or I would! Part of the reason I got it was because I was tired of driving the kids across town to get to the library so they could get on the internet to do their homework. And inevitably they would wait until the very last minutes before bedtime to mention that they needed to go. This has really decreased the stress in our house. And if I hadn't hooked up, well, I would never have found you! You are such a dear, Maria! Your words of encouragement got me through many a worried day.

Be seeing you around!

P.S. I'd love your email addy if you wouldn't mind sending it to me, too.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register