I don't WANNA be cut open again!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I don't WANNA be cut open again!!!!! I don't WANNA be cut open again!!!!!

Unread 02-08-2003, 02:19 PM
I don't WANNA be cut open again!!!!!

Oh dear. I don't WANNA be cut open again!! I know I don't want to have this big hernia, either. But I'm not appreciating that part right now. I'm just feeling scared. I don't want to get ready, I don't want to do ANYTHING!

I want somebody to hold my hand and lead me through this!

Joselle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2003, 03:49 PM

Aww, Joselle, if my arm was long enough to reach to Washington from Florida I'd be glad to hold your hand thru this. I don't blame you for feeling like you do -- who wants to face another surgery?!?

About all I can do from here is send a big ..............

Hang in there......

Ann
TAH/BSO 1/5/01
Unread 02-08-2003, 04:51 PM

(((((Joselle))))), I know what you mean... me neither! But we have to do what's best, don't we? So we can feel better and have a healthier life after, right?

I'm right with you on this paralysis thing... when we realize something like this is coming, sometimes we can get that sort of 'deer caught in the headlights' feeling where we just sort of freeze, and can't think of what to do.

I'm with (((Ann))), I'll gladly reach up from California and hold your hand... you can do it!
s,
-Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2003, 05:04 PM

Know what you mean !!! I don't want to be cut open again either !!! Just got my next surgery date for March 18. New doc will reopen my abdominal incision and do a sacro colpopexy ... insert mesh and fix what the first doc "omitted" last May. I'm literally "shaking in my boots" waiting for the date. I'll be holding your hand in my thoughts, if you'll hold mine in your thoughts in March. Good luck!!!

Kajsa
Unread 02-08-2003, 05:23 PM

((((Joselle)))) I know what you mean: I felt the same way before my hyst... I didn't want to do it

Hang in there, sweetie You know what they say: the waiting's the worst part... and it was for me.

For all it's worth, my hand's reaching all the way down from Canada to Washington, to hold yours. We'll see you through this
Unread 02-08-2003, 06:35 PM

{{{{Joselle}}}}
I've had 4 surgeries since my hyst and I held my breath before each one. My heart goes out to you and I'm sending the biggest s I can find. All you're friends here will hold your hand the whole way
Unread 02-08-2003, 07:22 PM
Hugs

Hi,
I totally understand how you feel. I was thinking how scared I am to go through the bladder sling surgery I have scheduled for Feb. 26. And then I saw your post. It's partly a choice we have to make. Do we want to have the awful problem, in your case a hernia, in my bladder problems, or do we want surgery that hopefuuly will help us. I keep telling myself, hopefully the surgery will help. In your situation, I'm thinking it will certainly help as a hernia is not something to let go. I am with you in spirit.
Love, Light, Blessings
Druid
Unread 02-09-2003, 07:11 AM
Thank you!!

Thanks so much for your support. I can feel those hands reaching out. Don't stop! I'm more anxious this morning than I have been and hopefully than I will be later. I remember now from having the hyster that being busy ahead of time was a blessing.

Guess I've gotta go get busy!! I still really feel a resistance to this whole thing. What if, what if, what if. I keep reading horror stories. I remember when I got close to my hyster I just stopped reading the horror stories and only focused on a positive outcome.That's what I need to do now.

OK, I'm going to take my Christmas decorations down!!

Joselle
Unread 02-09-2003, 09:29 AM

Oh my goodness, I am right there with you dear.... I sooooo much don't want to do this again, and sometimes get that physical sick to my stomach knot like before my hyst. As others has said though, we must do what we think best for the quality of our lives and truly the waiting is very nerve wrecking....

My thoughts and prayers to you, big s,
DLK
Unread 02-09-2003, 02:49 PM
Christmas decorations

They are now spread all over the living room, some in boxes, some not. I have a Santa collection I wanted put away carefully. DH and I got tired of it and are taking a break.

Tomorrow I make my meditation room back into a meditation room (it's been a sewing room since my granddaughter moved in) and Wednesday I go for pre-op. Time flies!!!

Today I tried taking a nap and all of a sudden I got this FLASH - OMG I didn't check out every doctor in town!!!!!! What am I doing??? I am trusting the third doctor I spoke to and one was clearly a nut case!!!!

I think I'd best get back to the Christmas decorations.

Joselle

P.S. Help me. How do I not focus on the potential life-threatening complications?? I mean I'm glad I've been told but now I kind of wish I didn't know.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register