Poop celebration | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Poop celebration Poop celebration

Unread 02-08-2003, 04:32 PM
Poop celebration

I FINALLY just had my first bowel movement. Never knew that I would be in such a celebratory mood after going to the bathroom!!!! Woo hoo!! I think I lost about 10 pounds. I'm sorry - I just can't pick up the phone and share this one with all my friends - they just wouldn't understand how awesome that was...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2003, 05:50 PM
Poop Celebration

Jennydew:

I had my surgery the same day as you. I finally had a BM yesterday(Friday). I felt the same way, but it hurt! You are right, not everyone would understand this. I hope you are doing well.

bennie
Unread 02-08-2003, 06:37 PM
Poop celebration

hey, same problem, i didn't have a bm for a week after my hysterecomty on 10/28/02, and i'm telling you, it felt sooooo good, didn't have any pain, just was beginning to wonder if i was ever going to again, but now eveything is fine, guess it just takes your body a little while to realize the trauma it has gone through...........hope all stays well.......................kpf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2003, 08:39 PM
Poop celebration

Oh boy, do I wish I could have a good BM right now. My surgery was also 2-4-03, TAH/BSO. The gas in the hospital was sooo bad, they gave me mylecon tablets and a stool softner twice a day and now that I am at home, I take Phazyme and a stool softner, yet NOTHING yet!! I am usually constipated all the time anyways, so it's really not new to me; but it doesn't help with the swelling belly or pain.

The nurses even gave me the Harris Flush in the hospital to help rid me of some gas; didn't do a thing; the gas was so high up; I couldn't even turn over on my right side, the gas was stuck under my right breastbone area; actually took my breath away!

Here's hoping that everything will eventually settle down and I can actually have a BM...we sure take things for granted when we feel good huh? Best wishes to all my hyster-sisters in their recovery!

Blessings,
Debby
Unread 02-08-2003, 10:39 PM
Poop celebration

Enjoy ladies it only gets better. I had my first BM the day I got home from the hospital and I didn't stop for about 5 days, what a nightmare! I lost 15lbs in one week. I never knew losing 15lbs, which is such a great thing, would hurt so much so fast. Because I had severe endometriosis and adenomyosis having BM 3 years prior to my surgery rarely happened. Yeah for surgery!

Take care and happy BM.
Unread 02-09-2003, 02:54 AM
Woohoo

I had a tah/bso on same day. Came home Friday night. I celebrated in the castle when I first peed! That was at 2 a.m. Friday morning! I had my first b/m Saturday at 1:30 p.m. and it was wonderful! I didn't have to strain or anything. I think all the advice from our other hyster sisters helped me a lot! I've pooped two other times since the first and it wasn't so pleasant, gas and kindof explosive (sorry, but I can only share this here!)

The warm prune juice did the trick for me I think (for the first bm) I think I'm going to have a few ounces of warm prune juice every morning for a while. At least until things get normal!

I can't seem to stay in bed for more than a couple hours at a time. Anyone else having this problem?
Juliebelle
Unread 02-09-2003, 10:42 AM
Poop celebration

Hi Julie! Yes, staying in my bed during the day is very difficult. What I did was set out all my meds, water, etc., right by my recliner chair in the living room in front of the television set. I use my bed only for sleeping and reading at night. Hubby moved into another bedroom so he would get the rest he needs to take care of me. I also sleep better knowing he is getting his rest.

I'm going to head to the kitchen right now and heat up a glass of prune juice! I hope it works as well for me as it has for you...this gas is miserable plus no BM since my surgery 2-4-03...I feel sooo bloated!

Take good care of yourself ok?

Blessings,
Debby
Unread 02-09-2003, 12:40 PM
Poop celebration

As one who is almost always constipated, I, too, celebrated with the first BM, which was in the hospital after a suppository. Surgery was 1/31, came home 2/5, had a REAL on-my-own BM on the 7th and haven't stopped yet! Seems it is always feast or famine with me. It hasn't been painful, but adds to the discomfort I'm already feeling and is ANNOYING as all heck, but I'll take this any day of the week if it means I won't be constipated!

Happy Healing to all!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register