To ease the pain?????? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

To ease the pain?????? To ease the pain??????

Unread 02-10-2003, 11:28 AM
Really bad day....

Hi Sisters...

Today is horrible. I'm feeling worse every day. I called the doctors office and the nurse is busy...and, the scope has not been scheduled yet. One week later!

I'm about at the end of my ropes...if they don't call me today with a script for pain I think I'll just go to the ER. It's got me in tears now...

Lori
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2003, 11:35 AM
To ease the pain??????

{{{Lori}}}
Try to call the doctor back again. Perhaps if you call every 30 minutes or so someone will do something for you! If you don't hear back please do go to the ER, you shouldn't have to be in constant pain.
Unread 02-10-2003, 07:58 PM
Vioxx

Hello Sisters

That's what the doctor prescribed for me...50 mg 1x per day. I've not had the best results with it in the past, but I'm willing to try it again. If I don't have results by Friday, the nurse said to call back. When I told her Percocet did zilch for my pain, she said there wasn't much else to try.

{{{{{ Kim }}}}} I took your advise and called the doctor again (after 3 hours of waiting). Nurse said she was waiting for the doc to get back from surgery to check and see how much time she needed to do my scope...(1 1/2 hrs.) Interestingly enough, I thought she told me LAST week they would schedule it and it would be in 2-3 weeks.

I think it sat on someones desk for a week...GREAT! A tentative date is March 6th....3 weeks away!! At least my call got someone moving.

I'm just feeling so horrible as each day goes on. And I'm pretty I'm starting to feel depressed and I know it's the pain that is wearing on me.

PT tomorrow morning and then I'm giving myself a treat, manicure and pedicure...and Weds evening I have a session of cranial/sacral massage scheduled....I hope it will give me some relief from this pain.

It seems like my pain is definetly related to weight bearing....it's unbearable after 5 minutes of standing, bearable (but bad) with sitting and laying on my right side is the most comfortable.

Did anyone have this type of experience with adhesions?????

Thanks for the support today, I was in full blown tears. That doesn't happen very often with me.

Lori
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2003, 12:56 AM
HI LORI,

8 YRS OF ADHESION PAIN, THE PULLING AND NAGGING SENSATION FEELING LIKE SOMEONE IS RIPPING YOU APART.. I HAVE BEEN READING YOUR THREAD AND THEY ALL HAVE GOOD ANSWERS.. ADHESIONS IS A TRIAL AND ERROR BASES ONLY..

AND I KNOW FOR ME ALL MY LAPS AND HYST. CONSISTED OF EXSTENSIVE ADHESION REMOVAL ALSO... I TRIED THE VIOXX ALSO IT DID ME NO GOOD EXCEPT MADE MY BLOOD PRESSURE GO UP.. I DONT LIKE PAIN MEDS EITHER AND SO MY DR. PUT ME ON THE ULTRAM WITH ME TAKING 1 THEN 30MIN LATER TAKING ANOTHER.. IT REALLY DID SEEM TO HELP...I ALSO FOUND TYLENOL ARTHRITIS TO HELP, I KNOW THAT SOUNDS STRANGE BUT IT REALLY HELPS THE MUSCLES RELAX AND NOT HURT SO BAD.. I REALLY HOPE YOU GET YOUR SCOPE SOON.. I KNOW HOW BAD THE PAIN IS... HANG IN THERE, I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU...LOTS OF HUGS AND PRAYERS NICKY
Unread 02-11-2003, 06:35 AM
Nicky...

Thank you for your kind words. As I write, I've got 2 ice packs on my sacrum area. Now, I'm having the severe spasms on the right side as well...

I have PT at 8am today. She'll definetly see what shape I'm in....
I hope it's a very passive treatment today. I'm up this am at 5am for an 8am appt, it takes me that long to shower and throw sweats on.

Thanks again for following the thread. I think I may have a date of March 6th for the scope...but, I doubt I will make it that long as things have progressively worsened over the past few weeks. I hate to say it, but I bet end up in the ER between now and then.

So be it.

Lori

P.S.

Nicky...How did you do this for 8 years???????
Unread 02-11-2003, 07:55 AM
I feel your pain

Lori I completely understand where you are coming from. I have adhesions everywhere. Had a TAH/BSO on 12/23/02, 5 weeks post op have a painful mass on the left side - CA 125 was normal, so it is not endo (I have stage 4 endo) it is not cancer, they are thinking it is a huge adhesion attached to the bowel. Right now their goal is to keep me out of the operating room, so I take percocet everyday, sometimes it helps others it doesn't. I was suppose to go back to work on Feb 18th but now they have me scheduled for another ultrasound on March 6th so until they see if this "thing" has gotten bigger or smaller I am home. This truly is depressing, I thought once I had the hysterectomy all these problems would be gone.....

Hang in there!!!!
Unread 02-11-2003, 08:25 AM
To ease the pain??????

Thanks for the thread Lori, I too am at my wits end for pain relief. I have been using percocet and even though I can function on it to a certain extinct, I feel very uncomfortable driving etc. It seems to catch me off guard every couple of pills and totally knocks me for a loop.. I am also concerned about it being a narcotic and since I am not seeing a PM DR, is it safe to stay on this long??? Just another thing to worry about.

What is it with the standing thing??? That's when I seem to be at my most pain, like Lori said about the kitchen, that is a perfect statement of how I feel. The weird thing for me though is it hits all of a sudden. I feel fine for moments and think maybe this is all a dream or my imagination only for the pain to return to remind me its not.

I am definitely going to grab some of these ideas though except maybe the ice pack idea I don't know if I could stand that or not.

Thanks again!
DLK
Unread 02-11-2003, 10:29 AM
PT this am....

Hello Sisters

I went to PT, and at the end of the session, I just wanted to lay there and relax all day...I actually felt some relief! :

My bubble popped shortly afterwards when I walked down the hall and within 3 minutes I was back into spasms I told the PT it felt like all my insides were sliding out (not literally as in prolapse) but, it feels like there is no support whatsoever!!

I've got another session scheduled for Thursday morning...I'm willing to keep going and see if I can get any relief. Sometimes these things take time....

To perk me up today, I'm giving myself a treat...a pedicure and manicure. Need to keep my spirits up, right????

Keep it going ladies....the tough get tougher.

Lori
Unread 02-11-2003, 07:54 PM
Another idea....

Hello Sisters

Another idea for relaxation and pain management "Yoga deep breathing" - I used it today while I was having my pedicure done. It helped alot with the spasms and to help me relax enough to lay back in the chair. :

When I got home there was an e-mail message from my Yoga instructor who mentioned the exact same thing for relaxation...He must have been sending me a "mental message".....

I actually feel much better tonight than I did this morning...pain level is 3/4 as I sit here. Where as this morning it was up into the high 7's and 8's.

Now, I'm off to stretch and ice! And, hope that tomorrow will be an even better day!!

Lori
Unread 02-11-2003, 11:06 PM
You can do it

If you keep doing the things that make you feel better - and it sounds like deep relaxation is one of them - you'll make it through this.

Must say I'm beginning to wonder if part of my pain is adhesions. Funny nobody ever checked for that - just assume everything is caused by the hernia. I'll ask about that at pre-op tomorrow. The surgeon says he hopes he can't even tell whether or not there are adhesions (meaning he hopes he doens't have to go into the abdominal cavity. My guess is he'd say we should tackle one thing at a time anyway. But of course one of my fears is that this repair will not solve everything. But it's a good place to start.

Wishing you well. Knowing your limitations and being aware of what helps will get you through this. I used to take 5 mg of Valium with my pain medication and it helped a lot.

Joselle

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register