To ease the pain?????? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

To ease the pain?????? To ease the pain??????

Unread 02-12-2003, 07:05 AM
To ease the pain??????

Lori,
I'm so glad that you're finding some relief! I will be ing that things will continue to get better for you. Keep us posted on your progress.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2003, 07:54 AM
To ease the pain??????

relaxation makes a lot of sense as a pain reliever, I know that when I just slow down and relieve stress I feel better. I went all day yesterday without pain meds except ibuprofen just from having off work and taking it slow. I had commented before that I thought a lot of my back pain was due to the stress of tighting up the ab muscles all the time.

I'm glad you found something to relieve your pain, maybe the combination of the PT and the relaxation technique are just the right :key: to your relief.

Happy day to all,
DLK
Unread 02-12-2003, 08:11 AM
To ease the pain??????

Lori,
I felt like I was reading my own post! I've had 13 laps and one cryoblasion - the cryoblasion this past September. I feel worse than I've ever felt right now. I'm scheduled for surgery March 5th unless an earlier opening comes up. I just wanted to tell you good luck and I hope you feel better. I haven't been able to find anything to help with the adhesions - but am going to try some of these suggestions!!
Take Care,
Stephanie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2003, 04:34 PM
To ease the pain??????

((Lori)),
I'm soo glad the PT provided you w/ some relief I live on Pain meds..w/o I dont know what I would do I also take a muscle relaxer that helps....there is a technique called *Pelvic manipulation* I have heard from some that they hace received some relief from Adhesion pain. Your PT should know something about it?? I also have a TENS unit, that my PT gave to me that helps some. I get more back pain relief from it tho...Good Luck Please keep us posted on your progress w/PT. Hopefully, it will continue to provide you relief
(((hugs))))

PS-Here are some links w/info on manipulation for Adhesions:
http://www.whonamedit.com/syndlist.cfm/51
http://www.pelvicpain.org/pdf/Gyneco~1.pdf
http://www.annexclinic.com/vm.html
http://www.obgyn.net/english/pubs/fe..._adhesions.ppt
Unread 02-12-2003, 07:13 PM
Today was a good day!!

Hello Sisters

Whew!!! Finally, a good day!!! After being in a constant state of spasm for several days (since 2/2) I feel some relief today!

I've been doing my psoas muscle stretches today, I have a cranial/sacral massage at 7:30 tonight and PT again tomorrow morning. I still can't bend down to shave my legs but who cares, right?????

My DH showed me on the chart in our office where the psoas muscle is and where it's connected, etc. And it crosses diagonally across the pelvic region where "all my stuff" used to be....so, here we go...at least there is some logical explanation as to where the pain is, why and where those pesty adhesions (if there are some) are forming.

No answer from insurance on the Vioxx yet...needed pre-approval...Don't you just love insurance??? But, I had some samples so I've been taking them. Doctor's office is closed today so will call them tomorrow.

I hope those of you who are in pain tonight find that tomorrow will bring you relief. I thank all my sisters who have helped me through this tough time and send you all 's and and GREAT BIG THANK YOU'S!!!!

Kim and Joselle, I'm going to pick some of that castor oil up and the cloth too at the health food store next time I get there. Thanks for the great ideas!

{{{{{ Joselle }}}}} I'll be thinking of your and sending good positive thoughts your way for your upcoming surgery!!

Lori
Unread 02-12-2003, 08:01 PM
To ease the pain??????

Hi Lori, what kind of scope are you having? I had surgery Dec. 17 and I'm having another painful day and have to have a ultra sound tomorrow. I'm eating lortabs and darvocet tonight and having to take 2 at a time. I am going to need refills tomorrow. I'm afraid he's going to want to do another surgery and I'm terrified. It's already been 8 weeks. Tell me more about your history since your surgery. Has it been like this ever since you had surgery too for you? I'm tired of being sick. I will say a prayer for you tonight. beth
Unread 02-13-2003, 05:00 PM
Finally, a confirmed date..

Hello Everyone

Finally, I've got a confirmed date for the scope...March 13. That seems so far away, but I think I'll make it as long as my pain stays manageable as it is now. The Vioxx seems to be working, the PT and the stretching I'm doing at home. I'm thankful the spasms have subsided for now at least.

So...we decided to get away this weekend and go up to mountains. Need to just be for awile and do nothing but relax.

Will check in next week when we get back!!

Love you all....Thanks again!

Lori

P.S.

The scope is to check for adhesions...
Unread 02-13-2003, 05:46 PM
To ease the pain??????

Lori,
I'm glad you finally got a date. March 13th will be here before you know it. I'm glad you are finding things that are easing the pain.

Enjoy your vacation! We will see you when you get back.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register