I am new and I am sure this has been asked before.. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am new and I am sure this has been asked before.. I am new and I am sure this has been asked before..

Unread 02-09-2003, 06:55 PM
I am new and I am sure this has been asked before..

I was initially on HRT, for a year tried to get the dosage right. I struggled with bouts of crying to rage(don't worry...I didn't kill anyone ) I still have severe hot flashes and night sweats, both of which I am tired of! I was looking for some alternatives to the hormones. I have a significant family history of breast/colon cancer (effecting both parents, grandparents on both sides, aunts and cousins).

When I decided to stop the hrt, I went cold turkey. I have not taken any hrt for at least a year. I feel more sane, sane being a relative word here. I do hate my moustache...I feel somewhat un-feminine, and don't want to anymore.

I am sure others have experienced the lovely "few pounds" one adds after this trauma. I also live a celebate life as the fear of intmacy is over-whelming to me.

I could go on for days...bottom line is...I wish I had NEVER had the surgery (not that I had a choice..ovary full of bloody cysts, both tubes full of fibroids as well as uterus having them inside and attached to the outside) and I advise my female friends NOT to have it unless it is a necessity. I do share with them the different ways it can be done so they don't come out feeling the way I do about how it was done. I really hate that I can't have anymore children...not that I am sure it was an option having lost more than I gave birth to ... 3 lost 1 born... but at least I had the option, and now I don't.

If anyone has any ideas...let me know. I am glad my friend told me about this site. I am sure it will be helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2003, 07:28 PM
Sorry you are having a hard time

I'm really sorry to hear you're having such a hard time. It sounds like it's the HRT (or lack thereof) that is the problem for you. There are many ways to deal with the symptoms you might be having and if you visit the No Hormone Desert Oasis I'm sure you'll find women who can talk intelligently about ways to help you feel better.

I have also stopped HRT, but I'm OK with it now.

I was wondering what you meant about being afraid of intimacy. Have you tried to have sex and found it painful or are you just afraid to try at all?

Nobody should have a hysterectomy unless it is necessary, so you are giving good advice in that respect to your friends. But most women find the aftermath quite tolerable. Hopefully you will find information here that will help you feel much better. In the meantime, s to you.

Joselle

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register