Gas,Gas and more Gas | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Gas,Gas and more Gas Gas,Gas and more Gas

Unread 02-10-2003, 03:17 AM
Gas,Gas and more Gas

Hi everyone, its been a while since I have been on this sight due to the fact that I am six months post op, and have been quite happy with my recovery. Apart from the usual side effects I have felt really great since my op. But........... I have started to suffer from constipation, which I have spoken to my docter about, and was given milk of magnesia which worked really well!. Last week I started getting really bad pains in my tummy and rectum (spasm like) I have a feeling its trapped wind!!! Can anyone tell me if they have suffered from this, ad I cant believe how painfull it has been, and if you have how long does it last for, my pains have gone on for four days now. I look forward to hearing from anyone who can give me some advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2003, 07:16 AM
Gas,Gas and more Gas

Hi there!

I'm sorry to hear about this problem! Typically this is an earlier post op issue, so it's hard to tell if this is a surgery-related problem - it sounds like you're in pain - I'm glad you've spoken with your DR about it, but perhaps this deserves a visit with the DR.

As far as treating the symptoms, when I was recovering, walking, drinking lots of water, and avoiding gassy foods or drinks helped alot, and so did peppermint tea. Oddly enough, lying on my left side helped the gas find its 'escape route'; perhaps it could work for you, too.

Please let us know how things progress for you and how your DR visit goes, okay?

Feel better soon!

s,
Unread 02-10-2003, 07:39 AM
me too.....

i had major gas going on but not passing it i walked the halls all day long, it helps alot!!! after i come home it was about 3 days before i ad a bowel movement and oh my lord it hurt felt like labor pains in my behind!!!! my doctor said it was because during surgery things get pushed pulled and moved around and those organs are not meant to be touched like that so they are ticked off to say the least, at alittle over 1 week i got a craving for mexican food... BAD BAD idea, even though it was good i paid later i was pooping flames for days.. i'm almost 3 weeks and my b.m's are still rather soft but no more labor pains....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register