Home from fistula repair surgery - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Home from fistula repair surgery Home from fistula repair surgery

Unread 03-17-2003, 08:01 AM
Dr Check up

Hi all

I am going to the gyn for my six week check up. I have been experiencing some leaking (not from vaginal area) think I may have a UTI. I find some of the foods I eat or drink are affecting me. Tea/coffee even decaf seem to irritate my bladder. Also have a bit of discomfort below my incision, my bladder must be jumping circles.

Wish me luck. Will let you know how everything goes.

Sherry xo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2003, 09:08 AM
Home from fistula repair surgery

Sherry,

Good luck at your gyn appt today! I'm sure it's probably a UTI-also, do you do Kegals? I've found that they have helped me alot since my repair surgery.
My incision is still purple, too and it will be 9 weeks for me on Wednesday! My belly hurts if I stand too much at work, I don't notice it too much while I'm running around work, but as soon as I slow down, wham! there it is! I also get a dull ache on the left side of my vagina-have no idea what that is! I decided to give myself a couple more weeks before I worry about it-I think it just takes a while to heal and I'm not getting much rest these days!

Post and let us know how it went today!

LOts of hugs to you!

Louise
Unread 03-17-2003, 11:08 AM

Just a UTI. On antibioitics. They are checking the urine at the lab, found nitrates which means different kind of antibioitics. The nurse said, Hey, this is small potatoes after all you've been through!.

Thanks all!

Sherry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2003, 11:50 AM

(((Sherry))),
Thank goodness!
Feel better soon!
s,
-Linda
Unread 03-17-2003, 02:00 PM

Hi Sherry

GREAT news- small potatoes is right girlfriend!! Feel better soon..
Unread 03-26-2003, 07:32 AM
Wish Me Luck

It's been 1 week and still have an UTI, at least I think so cause I am still dribbling and have the urge occasionally.

Going to see the doctor. Wish me luck. I just want to get back to normal again.

Also on another note off the subject. Just want all my American friends to know that not all Canadians feel the way our Prime Minister does. I pray for USA and her troops.

God Bless America

Sherry xo
Unread 03-26-2003, 07:46 AM

Hi Sherry

hope things go well today- let me know how you are OK.. Thanks for the prayers for the troops- they surely need them!!

Unread 03-26-2003, 09:11 AM

Just came from the doctor, my vagina was wet but he wasn't sure if that was because i leak when I was lying down or it's coming from there. He talked to the urologist and he suspects a stitch might have let go. He wanted to put a foley in, but told him no way, I'd rather have the leak. No problem.

I will be going to a cystoscopy next week sometime. Can't believe I have to go through this again. The bladder infection is all clear, so can't blame it on that.

I can still pee on my own no problem, I just leaking when I sit, or a bit after a pee. Maybe not even a hole, who knows. All I know is that I am so distraught and fed up. How am I going to tell my daughter we may have to go through this a 3rd time. If possible to live with the leak I may just do that.

Thanks for listening, thanks for the support.

Sherry xo
Unread 03-26-2003, 09:46 AM

Sherry - I am so sorry you are having more problems. I know I couldn't live with a leak down there, even a small one - I'd opt to have a repair again, 3rd time even. I know this is a personal decision and you will decide what is best for you and your family. Try to keep thinking positively and hopefully, soon, you will be better.

For our troops, I say prayers all the time. I cry each day as I hear more news...one of the captured Apache flyers is from a neighborhood about ten minutes from here, yellow ribbons are everywhere. We are determined to stay on mission and feel our goal and reasons around this are right. I'm sure there is much we do not know, but all will be revealed in time. God bless them all.

Hope all others are well and healing.

Jocelyn (hansolo)
Unread 03-26-2003, 10:32 AM

Sherry,

I wish I had the words to say to make it all better! Is there any way you can get in for the cysto sooner 'cause I know the waiting is torture for you! I don't blame you for not wanting the foley, is the leaking getting any worse? I think you should pressure the docs to get you in earlier-be a pest! I know it's possible to live with a fistula, at least for awhile, Anita Michele had several and eventually the vaginal ones healed. Maybe it's not the fistula-that's why I think you sould insist on getting a cysto asap. Whatever the cause, you'll get through it, I have faith in you and your daughter will be fine, too, don't worry-we're as strong as we need to be!
As always, you are in my prayers and I will be checking back on you later.
Lots of hugs to you my friend!

Joce, good to hear from you!

Louise

Lots of hugs to you my friend!
Louise

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register