Home from fistula repair surgery - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Home from fistula repair surgery Home from fistula repair surgery

Unread 03-26-2003, 09:03 PM
The Leak

I am not leaking as much as I was the first time. Last time I was changing a diaper every 2-3 hours, now I can wear a diaper all day. I can wear a pad, so I choose to do that. If I am going out for the day I throw on a diaper.

I will wait for the cycstoscopy next week. I will be ready then. My husband will be able to go with me then. I won't allow him to put a foley in, he will have to fix it another way. I don't need anymore UTI's.

Funny, I can still pee like a race horse, normally, so must be a small leak. Well, can't keep speculating, I'll wait until next week. Just the shock of it all. I feel like I am caught in a loop. After all the exams it is a wonder that they don't make the hole bigger.

Went to a friends retirement party tonight and then to my neice's 12th birthday. Mom and dad have invited me for lunch tomorrow. I think the crying is all over now, just taking one day at a time.

Thanks to you guys and for this site. Otherwise, I would lose sight, perspective and start to panic.

Sherry xo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2003, 07:42 AM
Home from fistula repair surgery

Just heard from the urologist. I have an appointment On Tuesday, April 1, at 8:15 a.m. for my cystoscopy.

More later,

Sherry xo
Unread 03-27-2003, 02:57 PM

(((((Sherry)))) best wishes for your cysto on April 1st. You are in my thoughts.

Jan

v v f repair April 1st
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2003, 06:00 AM

Sherry

I am soo sorry for you I can't even explain.. you have been on my mind and in my thoughts for days.. I hope you are OK for the moment and I'm sure are just taking it minute by minute.

If there is anything I can do please let me know. Just know we are here for you and my prayers are with you. Maybe as Louise said it is something else- so at least you will know for sure. You are strong and so is your DD and you will get thru this.

Try to have a good weekend and I am sending warm s and your way!
Unread 03-28-2003, 06:25 AM

Hey Sherry,

I'll be praying and waiting to hear what the cysto finds on the 1st.

MaryJulia
Unread 03-28-2003, 08:11 AM

Thanks for all your good wishes. Just now I am numb. Can't believe I am going through this again. But you know what, I am digging my heels in hard and deep. They are going to fix me and fix me right. I don't care if it takes them months, I am going to be fixed properly, even if they have to use super glue!

I have come this far, beared the pain, now I am waiting for the gain (and I don't mean weight, God knows how lazy my body is, not by choice).

Keep your notes of encouragement coming. I thrive off of them, they and you are what drives me!

Karen - you get better girl
Louise - don't be working too hard

Here is to being dry NO MATTER how LONG it takes,

Love you all

Sherry xoxoxo
Unread 03-28-2003, 02:59 PM

Sherry

Keep that drive and spirit girl.. you inspire me!!
Unread 03-31-2003, 05:14 PM

(((Sherry))) I hope I'm not too late to wish you good luck with your appointment tomorrow... I hope the news is good. You deserve to have this over with already! Please let us know as soon as you find out anything.
s,
-Linda
Unread 03-31-2003, 07:24 PM

Thanks Linda,

Tomorrow at 8:15 is my appointment. I am pretty sure it's a fistula cause I am back in diapers and leaking more now. Feels like it is in a different place.

Thanks for all good thoughts and wishes. I will post as soon as I return. Pray for a miracle -- I'll need one.

Love,

Sherry xoxo
Unread 04-01-2003, 07:34 AM
Cystoscopy Results

Hi all, hope all is well.

Had my cystoscopy this a.m. Dr. couldn't find a hole. Must just be a pin hole leak. Going to have an IVP and cystogram done this week just to rule out damage to the utures.

After that he will be booking surgery for me with my gyn, putting me out under general anethestic and hopefully, cauterize the leak. I will have a foley in for 5-7 days after that.

All is healing well inside and it definitely isn't the same hole as before.

He filled up my bladder I coughed nothing came out and I still pee the normal way. Just a pin hole leaking somewhere.

Thanks for all your prayers. I will keep you updated as to when I will have my tests.

Love to you all,

Sherry xo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register