Home from fistula repair surgery - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Home from fistula repair surgery Home from fistula repair surgery

Unread 04-01-2003, 09:22 AM
Home from fistula repair surgery

(((Sherry))), that sounds like great news to me... not the same hole (so the repair surgery did work), no peeing when you cough (that's a biggie!)... I am hoping that if you have to have this last cauterization surgery, it's just a tiny blip on the screen in the big picture of your recovery.

Will you need to stay overnight for this repair, or can they do it as a day patient? I had to have a vaginal adhesion removal (which was cauterization plus a few stitches) after my hyst and they did it in the surgery center next to the castle, and I was home in a few hours and back on my feet really fast. Almost no pain (I only took motrin), and in fact I was even able to convince them to just use versed for the 'anesthesia'... they used enough so I was really out, but I came to immediately when they stopped it and was able to get up and walk very quickly. That might be something to check into.

Sorry to hear you're going to have a foley again... I've had a few now. This last one was the only one that bothered me, and I think it's because it wasn't inflated enough and was slipping in there. It was uncomfortable and not draining properly. If I'd had to keep it longer I'd have asked to have it re-placed, as uncomfortable as that is... it would have been worth it. I hope you get a 'good one' right off the bat and have no problems with it.

Our thoughts are with you, sweetie... I think there is light at the end of the tunnel for you!
s,
-Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2003, 12:13 PM

Sherry - my thoughts are with you. Sounds like you are on the right track and have a solid plan. Keep your chin up and hopefully, better days are ahead.

I'm doing pretty good! Still have a few bladder spasms periodically, but for the most part, almost 100%. My urologist told me it would be "two seasons" before I'm all better, and I think he is right. It's been 4 months and can tell it gets better each week. Summer should be great!

Hope all others are well and still dry!

Jocelyn XO
Unread 04-02-2003, 08:01 AM

Sherry

How are you?? my thoughts have been with you.. what a relief the repair is healed well and the Dr can take care of this much easier..

I tell you getting off the road is near for you girl..just this little bend and you will be there..please know I am sending warm s and you way and let me know if you need anything!!

Best
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2003, 08:05 AM

Karen,

Thanks for all the well wishes and I hope u too are recoverying. How is that supra holding out? A bit annoying but not as bad as the foley.

I will be having an IVP and cystogram sometime this week or early next, hopefully on the same day.

I am living each day, by the day. Not depressed just plugging through like every other day. Hopefully, this will all be over soon for all of us.

Thinking of you

Sherry xo
Unread 04-02-2003, 08:24 AM

Hey Sherry

Just one day at a time for me too.. the supra is OK, I pulled on it last night and thought I would go thru the roof and it has been killing me ever since, but it is still in OK- DH checked as I thought I pulled it out a little.. but hopefully it will be gone next Thursday..

No leaking, just some bleeding from where he went thru the vagina- he made a pretty big incision he said so now that is healing after the stitches have disolved.. so as they say onward and upward right??

You are on my mind and in my prayers, just keep me posted when the test is OK- well I am off to lie down again and pray the snow melts so I can open my pool up!! Have a great day and chin up!!

Unread 04-07-2003, 09:03 AM

Well, just thought I would post, no new news as of yet. Called the hospital to see when my IVP and cystogram will be. Apparently, they might be cancelling all IVP's and cystograms due to the SARS scare. We have no known cases here in Ottawa, I know there are plenty in Toronto, even involving deaths.

I heard only patients are allowed in the hospitals (no visitors) with a few exceptions.

She said she would get back to me today or tomorrow at the lastest.

Anyway, putting feet up, taking it easy. What else can I do? I have waited this long -- I am becoming a very patient patient.

Hope you all are well. Louise, Renee don't be overdoing it. Jan and Karen - heal well and fast my friends. Linda - thanks for the great support always.

Love you all,

Sherry xo
Unread 04-08-2003, 08:51 PM
May Day

Hey Girls,

Got a call from the urologists office. Surgery date May 1st. Called them back and asked what about the IVP and cystogram. Maybe they are going to do it all at once.

Looks like they are going to cauterize the problem and keep a foley in 5-7 days.

Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me.

What is the saying, 3 times lucky?

Sherry xo
Unread 04-08-2003, 09:23 PM

Oh Sherry I'm crossing everything I have that the third time's the charm for you! I hope everything goes perfectly and soon you're on the path to drier days!

-Linda
Unread 04-09-2003, 07:19 AM

Hi Sherry

Everything is crossed over here!!! Three is your magic number!! No more suffering allowed!! I will talk to you soon!! Thnking of you!!

Unread 04-09-2003, 03:21 PM

Ok, here goes:

April 15 - Cystogram - 1:30 p.m.
April 17 - IVP - 7:30 a.m.
May 1 - Surgery (day surgery, should be home that night)

Sherry xo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register