Orgasmic feeling when I have to urinate. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Orgasmic feeling when I have to urinate. Orgasmic feeling when I have to urinate.

Unread 02-11-2003, 06:46 AM
Orgasmic feeling when I have to urinate.

As some of you that have read my previous posts know I was diagnosed with stress incontinence and this just started happening a few days ago, I forgot to add it in my posts.. I also have an urge to go all of the time and go frequently. I can hold it though. When I do it is an overwhelming orgasmic feeling though. It is the weirdest feeling!!! I urinate about 10 to 15 times a day, a good amount most of the time, but this sensation is new and very embarassing..... Has anyone else felt like this???

Thanks, Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2003, 07:32 AM

Dear Pam,

i'm sorry to read about what you're going through. I hope that you have a PCP who can help you figure out how to coordinate your various treatments.

I too have stress incontinence and a small bladder, but I'm not having as much fun as you! However, not to belittle your experience in any way (I know stress incontinence is a big drag), but I coach a girls' soccer team (they're 15) and they came in laughing hysterically the other day because they had just learned in health class that a full bladder heightens sexual pleasure! (oh I wish they wouldn't share their little observations with me....) Anyway, I can certainly believe there is a connection.

Are you sure you want to have this fixed (just kidding....)?
Unread 02-11-2003, 08:01 AM

I too have read that full bladders can be stimulating and can even increase orgasm experience- i guess if you can hold it that long more power to you. Sounds like the urge could also be putting a lot of pressure on the clitoris(sp?) which might be giving you that sensation. Definitely something to discuss with your DR in the whole realm of symptoms with the incontinence. BTW: I have gotten that feeling in the past with bladder spasms which turned out to be a UTI so if it gets worse or becomes painful call your DR asap so you can get some relief.

s,
DLK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2003, 08:47 AM

Pam,

I was having a frequency issue (like going every 30 minutes during the day and at least 4 times at night) and was on Detrol LA 4mg and that helped a great deal. Starting today, I am backing down to 2mg with the goal of getting off the medicine altogether in a couple of weeks. I am hopeful it will work out.

Detrol LA is given for both incontinence and frequency issues. So, if you have not tried it, you might consider it as an option to check out with your doctor.

By the way, I did not have any kind of feelings of arousal whenever I did have to hold my urine while the spasms were going on. Actually, I had quite a bit of pain with the spasms. But, I was spared the incontinence issue.

Although you find it embarrassing or unsettling, you should mention all you symptoms to your doctor. I am sure he/she has heard of this before and it could be important in your diagnosis.

Take care!
Unread 02-26-2003, 03:56 AM

hi

frequent urination can also be a symptom of diabetes.
Has your doctor checked this???

just my

chelle
Unread 02-26-2003, 10:58 AM

Thank you all for replying to this embarassing issue I have going on.. I will post my update, I saw the Urologist yesterday. Unfortunatly he said Detrol will not work for me because mine is strictly stress incontinence. I asked about the Detrol, but NO, it just cant be as easy as taking a pill for me. I end up with everything that has to be surgically repaired.

I did, however completely forget to tell him about the orgasmic feeling. I only get that feeling every once in a while now, so I had not felt it in a week or so and I completely forgot to mention it. He also really rushed me during my visit and it sort of made me mad..

I have also had every blood test they can run and my thyroid is still up, but not diabetic. I also had the 4 hour glucose test.

Thanks for responding....

Pam
Unread 02-28-2003, 12:54 AM

you should be so lucky

LOL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register