Going to the Castle Kickin' and Screamin"! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Going to the Castle Kickin' and Screamin"! Going to the Castle Kickin' and Screamin"!

Unread 02-11-2003, 09:00 PM
Going to the Castle Kickin' and Screamin"!

Hi Ladies. Well...I'm going to the castle after fighting the inevitable. If you recall, I was diagnosed with adenocarcinoma of the cervix. I obtained 2 cones (including 1 at Sloan/Kettering) in an attempt to preserve my fertlilty. The results came back and the cancer is all over the cervix and in the uterine lining. I had a conference with the surgeon today and I am getting a radical hysterectomy in 7-10 days. (Thank you to all who responded regarding my search for a doctor. I had a Dr. friend make a personal call to the surgeon I wanted and he took me immediately. I'm getting the surgery in my hometown).

BAD NEWS: Iwon't have another baby.

GOOD NEWS:1) Hopefully, the cancer will be gone and I won't die. 2) I jokingly asked for a tummy tuck and the Dr. agreed to take out some fat in the stomach area and tighten it up. 3) I get to keep my ovaries and if I ever win lottery I'll have a surrogate mother carry a baby for me. 4) I get to miss 6 weeks of work and 5). I've learned a lot about fertility and cancer issues from this Board and other sources and hopefully will be able to help other woman in this situation.

I can't thank you ladies enough for all your support and information. It was invaluable. I'll post the surgery date soon. Or..just listen...you'll hear me hollerin' and b----in' the whole way to the hospital!! JILL SUE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2003, 10:16 PM

(((JILL SUE))) ..... so glad things worked out for you in finding a dr. You seem to have a great attitude and that will help you through. I'll be watching for your post with the date so I can "listen up" when you go in!

's
Unread 02-12-2003, 06:32 AM

Hi Jill Sue

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm fighting the hysterectomy (I still want to maintain my fertility), but I think it's also inevitable. I too have adenocarcinoma of the cervix. I like the idea of the tummy tuck, I think I'll ask my doctor if he'll do the same. I've been trying to convince him for years to take up plastics in addition to Ob/Gyn. Good luck in your surgery. My doctor wants to schedule mine in April. I get to see him Feb 25.

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2003, 08:25 AM

JillSue,

I'm sorry that things didn't work out in terms of an alternative to hyst. But you sound like you are truly dealing with this well and have a great sense of humor!

I'm glad to hear that you've found a doctor nearby who you're happy with! Best of luck to you on your surgery. Come back sometime and tell us how it went. I'll be sending positive thoughts your way!!

Chicklet
Unread 02-12-2003, 08:41 AM
Best Wishes for Successful Surgery

I know you'd rather preserve your fertility and wish you could have. However, you've listened to the doctor and made the choice that will get you cancer free. (And tucked at the same time) Best wishes for a good recovery and the removal of every last single cancer cell that dared invade you.
Unread 02-12-2003, 07:58 PM

Just wanted to offer you :hugs and let you know I am thinking of you.

I have one bio daughter and two adopted beautiful kids from Kazakhstan. Was a much less painful, and actually, slightly more rewarding process then pregnancy. If you ever want to discuss it.. .feel free to email me at: [email protected]
Unread 02-13-2003, 07:17 AM

JillSue,

With your great attitude, I'm sure you will do fine. Remember to allow yourself to feel the loss though - it can creep up and smack you in the face now and again.

I had three kids the homemade way before my hyst, and adopted one a few months post hyst - each experience was precious and wonderful in its own right.

Dorrie
Unread 02-13-2003, 07:38 AM

Hi Jill Sue,

Hi,
I am so sorry that it has come to the hysterectomy. :cry: You know I was in the same boat as you just a little over a year ago. I can't say that it has been easy but I have survived and have moved on a little more each day. The fertility thing is still hard but I'm alive and doing well. I would love a surrogate but my DH is against the idea. We are going to start to look into adoption hopefully in the Fall.
I am glad you got the doctor that you wanted. Best of Luck during the surgery. Hopefully, the physical part of this will be behind you soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register