GYN Had To Open Incision Back Up Yesterday | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

GYN Had To Open Incision Back Up Yesterday GYN Had To Open Incision Back Up Yesterday

Unread 02-12-2003, 07:30 AM
GYN Had To Open Incision Back Up Yesterday

Sisters,

Went with my best friend to her check-up at the GYN yesteday. I went along so I could ask him a question about my incision (one that is hard and painful underneath ~ see my post about it here: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...threadid=89120). After my friend was done with her visit, I asked Dr P about the lower incision and why there is a hard painful lump underneath. He was interested in why it was there also. He had me get up on the table and unzip my jeans. He looked, poked and prodded. Suspected a hematoma. Told me he could either open the incision back up now or take the wait and see approach. Of course I told him to open it up now. It's been bugging me long enough (almost 2 weeks) and it hurts. I want to find out what is wrong. Well, so he cuts it back open and starts diggin around. He finds a lot of scar tissue already forming (in his words 'more than he expected and more than what is normal for right under 2 weeks post op'). Turns out my body was rejecting the stitches and I was having an adverse reaction. He asked why I hadn't called the office about it, I told him I had but that nurse made it out to be no big deal and wasn't concerned. She told me it was just scar tissue. So now, I am on 10 days of Keflex, Diflucan for the yeastie beasties and Percocet for the pain from having that incision re-cut back open and the pain from him digging around in there. After I told him what the nurse had said to me, he said he was going to have a talk with her (and his tone gave me the impression he was NOT happy with her).

Anyways, there's my story. Hope everyone's doing well.

Amy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2003, 07:33 AM

Amy,
I'm glad you finally got a doctor to check the incision out. Hopefully now you are on way your way to a speedy and smooth recovery.

It really ticks me off when a nurse will *assume* what the doc will say rather than give him the message.

Unread 02-12-2003, 07:51 AM

I know Kim.. ticks me off too. Also: any other time I have had questions about pain or something lumpy after surgery the docs have always told me to come on in to be safe.. let them check it out. If it turns out to be nothing then great; if it turns out to be something then they can start treating the problem without delay. I know Dr P would of had told me to come on in .. IF this nurse would of had relayed the message to him (and if he wasn't there then to another doc in the practice). This just seems wrong.

When I go back in on 27 February for a re-check.. I will be asking for another nurse to asist IF this one nurse is in the room with me. I gave her such dirty looks yesterday (behind her back of course) that if looks could kill, she would of had fallen over dead right then and there.

Amy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2003, 09:57 AM

Aw, heck.....let her have those dirty looks full in the face. :burning: It's good therapy anyway. She seriously overstepped her bounds there and will find out about it soon, I'm sure. Hope that you feel great soon. Thoughts of her getting blasted by the doctor could help you feel better! They can be especially nasty when they want to be.
Unread 02-12-2003, 12:58 PM

((AMY))

I am sooo glad you got to see the DR, I was wondering how things were going. You probably could've kicked him for poking around though, they had to do that to my last c-section incision but the DR didn't tell me, so I almost came up off the table

I so hope he has a lonnnnnngggg talk with the know-it-all nurse, I still can't believe she didn't give any DRs any messages from you! You could have been on the road to recovery so much quicker. I would have a hard time not giving her the look either, such a shame someone's ego or whatever gets in the way of them doing their job correctly. Maybe he will put her in her place and if that needs to be out of his office then so be it, ladies shouldn't have to suffer needlessly because of someone else's mistakes.

I hope this will get you back on your feet much faster now

Happy day to all,
DLK
Unread 02-12-2003, 02:34 PM
What is WITH these nurses??

What the heck do these pit bull nurses think their job IS, anyway?? Geesh. My doctor's nurse has a reputation all over the hospital, it seems. I mentioned her name practically everywhere I went today and it's clear everybody knows her Pit Bull side.

I'm glad you got that taken care of!! Hope you heal better and faster now.

Joselle
Unread 02-12-2003, 04:13 PM

Amy, I'm happy for you that you found the source of pain at your incision and that the doctor took care of you. Grrrrrrrr to the evil nurse! It pays to let the doctors know if anyone on staff is out of line and she certainly was. I relayed an incident to my doctor recently about a desk person's lack of cooperation. He was not pleased. If we as patients don't speak up about inappropriate actions by staff people, the doctor may never know that there is a problem.

Next time you see pit bull nurse, be sure to give her a collective evil eye right to her face from you and your Hyster Sisters!

Hopefully this will be the end of traveling on this road for you. Got my fingers crossed for you!
Unread 02-12-2003, 05:46 PM
Wow

Hi,
I'm so glad you got the doctor's attention and found out the problem. It amazes me how many people are nasty and hard to work with, especially in the so-called healing profession. I was with a very compassionate and helpful nurse today during a pre-surgery doctor visit. I was so grateful not to have to deal with a nasty one. Why does it seem there are so many more nasty ones than nice ones? It is important to speak up!
Love, Light, Blessings
Druid
Unread 02-13-2003, 07:17 AM

Nasty nurses need to quit their jobs and go work somewhere else I think

Feeling a tad better today, sore but not in pain (that requires me to take narcotics). For the first time in my life I might be pain free (crossing legs, toes, fingers, hands.. anything I can).

Amy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register