Back from Pre-Admit | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back from Pre-Admit Back from Pre-Admit

Unread 02-12-2003, 02:27 PM
Back from Pre-Admit

Hi all

Thanks so much for the good wishes. I really think it helps to keep me calm to know you're here.

I feel confident about my care now. I got all the information I need. The anesthesiologist interview went well. He may not be the one for my surgery but I told him to try!! Anyway, we agreed that I'll have an epidural with light anesthesia for the operation because the incision is too high for me to be comfortable being awake. Then I'll use the epidural for pain control afterwards. He said that my past experience with the epidural falling out is rare and he's confident this will work. They will also use a different narcotic (Dilaudid) than I had last time because it is more effective than Nubain. PLUS, if I tolerate it I'll have something I can use at home.

I still feel like I should be panicking or something but I'm not. I'm starting bowel prep tonight with nothing but clear liquids from then until after the surgery on Friday. I won't know until tomorrow afternoon what time I'm scheduled. Hope it won't be late afternoon when the private rooms are already taken!! They don't even start until 8 a.m. at this hospital. My last surgery was at 7:30 but maybe that was because I was squeezed in.

Anyway, thanks for being here.

Joselle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2003, 03:42 PM
Back from Pre-Admit

Prayers and s to you Joselle!

I just went to pick up the bowel prep from the pharmacist for next week and told them to keep it. I have had so many of these surgeries or test I denied the one they want me to use. A gallon of liquid that I almost never get down. What type of prep do they have you using? I am going to call my gastro Dr and get the formula I used when she did my colonoscopy much easier to stomach small portions with lots of results, if you know what I mean

I hope yours is going well and things go smoothly at the castle. Sounds like your anesthesiologist is great I hope you get him too!

I guess you won't be eating much chocolate for day, you can make up for it next year and eat twice as much, ok

Best wishes,
DLK
Unread 02-12-2003, 05:02 PM
Back from Pre-Admit

just wanted to send you one more and remind you that we'll all be rootin for ya......please let us know how it went when you feel up to it!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2003, 06:16 PM
Back from Pre-Admit

((((Joselle)))))) I'm happy that all went well today I remember just how calm I was before my hyst. I couldn't believe it, considering I was such a basket case when I had scheduled it, 3 months before. I put it down to all the information, support and s I'd received on Hyster Sisters: I knew I was doing the righ thing for me and I knew that I was ready. And it worked.

You'll be ok ((((Joselle)))) and we're right here for you.

((((DLK)))) be sure to ask your surgeon before switching bowel prep regimen, just to be on the safe side. You wouldn't want to have complications or have your surgery cancelled, right? Hopefully, your surgeon will agree on your choice of prep.
Unread 02-12-2003, 07:42 PM
Thank you

Thanks for the support. It means a lot to me. I, too, believe that one of the reasons I was so calm for my hysterectomy was because of the support I got here. And being with women who are dealing with lasting consequences from that really helps me not feel alone. I am very grateful for that.

DLK, I also believe it is important to check with your doctor first, but it may well be OK to use what you used before. I am happy to say that I'm not drinking the gallon of gunk. I took a PMS Phosphate tonight - if it doesn't start kicking in pretty soon I'm going to be up late! - and I have clear fluids until tomorrow night when I take another one of these things. Then nothing after midnight except water up to three hours before surgery. I also find this kind of prep lots easier. Last time I just had it on ice with a water chaser after each gulp. Tonight I added some clear berry juice and it went down easier. I'm glad I don't have to do another one in four hours though!!

Thanks again.

Joselle
Unread 02-12-2003, 09:32 PM
Back from Pre-Admit

Thanks for the advice ladies, I intend to call the GYN office tomorrow and get it okayed to switch. Hopefully, they will agree, I am definitely willing to do the two day fast thing with the other stuff vs. that gallon jug(I get nauseous just thinking about it ) I know I get a little cocky when it comes to certain issues but I don't understand why when there are simplier steps that causes a lot less suffering they don't all jump on the boat. I will ask what the difference is though when I call so I can get educated as to IF there is a difference healthwise.

(Joselle) good luck again, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers Friday.

s
DLK
Unread 02-12-2003, 11:02 PM
JOSELLE,

YOU HAVE ALWAYS GIVEN ME ENCOURAGING WORDS INCLUDING THE PRAYERS FOR MY NIECE COURTNEY.. THANK YOU.. NOW-----

ITS TIME FOR ME TO SEND YOU BIG HUGS AND PRAYERS FOR A SUCCESSFULL PAINLESS SURGERY..... I HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU WHEN YOU FEEL BETTER..

BIG, BIG, BIG PRAYERS FOR YOU..... HUGS NICKY
Unread 02-13-2003, 12:48 AM
Back from Pre-Admit

Joselle:

I've been lurking on your threads, but please know that my thoughts and ers are with you on Friday. I sure hope you're finding your own personal off-ramp with this surgery!

Audrey

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register