New GP -- FMS/MPS/CFS DX | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New GP -- FMS/MPS/CFS DX New GP -- FMS/MPS/CFS DX

Unread 02-12-2003, 04:05 PM
New GP -- FMS/MPS/CFS DX

I finally had my appointment with the new GP last week, had blood drawn Friday and then went back for a follow-up yesterday. I left there yesterday with a much more positive outlook! We talked about the confidentiality concerns and he was very reassuring about that. Talked about the ex GP and the depression, weight gain, bp thing. He was very reassuring in that aspect too. Said he did not feel my pain was all in my head and was upset that the ex GP had let the bp and weight thing get out of hand. Thyroid, sugar and cholesterol were and blood count were all okay. His DX was much the same as the rheumy's FMS/MPS but he also added CFS to that. Of course, my weight isn't helping any of this so, he agreed to give me a little help in that area if I would promise to work with him in return. Heck yes! I want my life back!

He mentioned something that I thought you all might find interesting. He said that hysterectomy patients seemed to fall into two groups - those that think it was the best decision of their lives and never have another problem and the other who regret the hyst and have problem after problem afterward. He said that their doesn't seem to be any middle ground (unfortunately.) He also said that adhesions are simply scar tissue that has attached to something it shouldn't have and can cause an unbearable amount of pulling, burning, or aching pain. (We all knew that anyway. )

Anyway, I just wanted to update you all and give you all a huge for the support you've shown me in making this switch!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2003, 04:21 PM
New GP -- FMS/MPS/CFS DX

((Vbjack)),
Sounds like your new Dr is a good one I'm glad he will be treating your problems...finally Interesting stuff concerning women/hyst/complications! Unfortunately, for all of us here suffering, it does seem to be one thing after another:cry: Good Luck & please keep us posted...((hugs))
Unread 02-12-2003, 10:37 PM
New GP -- FMS/MPS/CFS DX

vbjack,

Sounds like you have a winner don't let go. We all know how hard that is to find. Sometimes I wonder if we shouldn't make up business cards with all these acronyms... we sure would sound official now wouldn't we I am so glad he is so supportive of you and trying to help you with all these issues dear. I wonder if his reply about ladies and hyst are from his experience or a corelation of his and colleagues. Maybe it is coincidental to the fact that some of us are just at the age where our body parts are giving out I didn't think I was that old but we ladies sure do put a lot of stress on them.

I hope you finally get some real answers and relief!

s
DLK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2003, 10:51 PM
I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!

I AM SO HAPPY YOU FOUND A GOOD DR.. IF ONLY THEY WERE ALL LIKE HIM(I HAVE A GOOD ONE TO, ONLY AFTER A MILLION OF ITS ALL IN YOUR HEAD DRS..)LOL

NOW MAYBE YOU CAN GET CONTROL BACK IN YOUR LIFE.. I NEEDED GOOD NEWS TODAY.. AND AS FOR THE ADHESIONS ALL I CAN SAY TO THAT ANSWER IS DAHHHHHH!!! WE ADHESION SUFFERS ALREADY NEW THAT, I AM GLAD HE KNOWS THAT THOUGH..SOME WONT ACKNOWLEDGE THE PAIN AT ALL....

LOTS OF HUGS AND PRAYERS NICKY
Unread 02-13-2003, 08:49 AM
New GP -- FMS/MPS/CFS DX

DLK -- He said "studies have found." Now mind you, I don't know what studies he was talking about, but it that certainly does seem to be the case here at HS. Hey maybe they did a study on us! As far as being at the falling apart age -- I'm ONLY 34, don't think I should quite be to the falling apart stage yet.
Unread 02-13-2003, 09:49 AM
New GP -- FMS/MPS/CFS DX

Your still a young chic girl!! Although younger is sounding older everyday for me I'm going to hit that big 40 mark this year, a little scarey but have heard its a great age!!! I was scared to death to turn 30 and now I realize 30 is an awesome age!!!

It would be nice to know what age group the study was done on, does it seem to affect any age group or more so the older you are the more you are affected etc.??? It would be hard to do a poll of that sort here because I believe most ladies visit this site on a continous basis after there hysts when problems arise. I know I had dropped off the boards for a long while until other issues came up. I was just curious about his comments.

Hope you have continued success with the new
DLK
Unread 02-13-2003, 10:11 AM
Only two kinds of post-op women???

Give me a break. You may have found a very nice doctor but I think his two groups of post-op women is a bit simplistic. In the first place, if a woman has problem after problem with complications after a hyster wouldn't you think she might regret having had it and not the other way around?? I'm not jumping up and down with joy about my hyster but I certainly don't regret it. I don't think I am alone.

Joselle
Unread 02-13-2003, 11:29 AM
New GP -- FMS/MPS/CFS DX

Vbjacks,
I'm so glad that you found a doctor to listen and who believes that your pain is real and wants to help . That is wonderful!

Like Joselle, I do not regret my hyst in any way shape or form.. While I do continue to have problems who's to say that I wouldn't be having some of them anyways. Even without the hyst I may have still been in this sad shape that I'm in. The only difference may have been is that I would still be bleeding for half the month, and keeping Kotex in business. I guess that puts me in both categories!

DLK, I'm hitting that big 4 0 this year also. Yikes, where did the time go???

Again vbjacks, I'm so happy for you! Having a doctor to talk with and who is willing to help goes a long way.
Unread 02-13-2003, 12:12 PM
New GP -- FMS/MPS/CFS DX

Geeze Joselle, didn't mean to offend you or whatever I seem to have done. I was simply repeating what my doc had said because I thought it was interesting and I do believe his statement does have some merit as there seem to be (in my limited experience) many, many women who are at one end of the spectrum or the other and not many that are in between. I am glad that you (and Kim) do not regret your hysts! I, however, feel that it was the prelude to other health complications for me. I doubt that I am alone either.
Unread 02-13-2003, 01:19 PM
New GP -- FMS/MPS/CFS DX

I guess lots of ladies don't have regrets because it was a fix for them for long term issues and hopefully a road to better health. I didn't look at it like that at all-- I wanted my uterus and I wanted to gradually go through menopause like every other women in the world- a slow process not bang here ya go!

I am with Vbjack on this one though, I do regret the fact that my uterus was intruded by an ugly (20 wk pregnancy size). IT made my decision not me. There is no lady out there I believe that said I want to do this. Lots of us determined we had to for what we hoped would be the betterment of our health. Personally, I was healthy for the first time in a long time just prior to my hyst so I was really disguisted with the prospect of dealing with another issue. Some ladies get the relief they are looking for and others continue to travel the road to still try and find their health.

Regret in my book comes when you make a decision that you think was wrong... but how many of us KNOW that we had to make this choice or continue to suffer??? How can that be wrong.... Disappointment and sometimes even angry is what I feel but then I realize there are many other ladies dealing with their own realm of life's issues in other areas. Like I tell my gang-Such is life go with what you've been dealt, God will see you through. I do sound like a 40 year old talking don't I

I just want to try and get healthy again and I believe that the hyst has definitely set me back- recoup time, overall health etc. Not everyone has that experience, like we always say** we are all different.**

It surely does seem that most I talk too are on one side or the other. I just am ready to over

Sorry to ramble...
DLK

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register