8 weeks post op, severe pain and ultrasound tomorrow. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

8 weeks post op, severe pain and ultrasound tomorrow. 8 weeks post op, severe pain and ultrasound tomorrow.

Unread 02-12-2003, 06:40 PM
8 weeks post op, severe pain and ultrasound tomorrow.

Well I have been having pain and peeing problems so I finally got to my appt and had to see another Dr. (female though). They did a urine test and she said there were some white cells, whatever that means, and wants me to have an ultra sound and see the Dr. who did the surgery (male) tomorrow at 4:00 pm. She did a pelvic and I have some discharge but she said it was normal, but it sure is a lot, and she didn't feel anything on the right but felt abnormal on the left, which is where the pain is, and gave me three days of macrobid. So I come home and the pain is so bad I can barely drive, have a low temp, about 100. Have aches and pains all over. It hurts to pee, but not burns, just pelvic pain down low like my bladder is going to fall out and pain with little gas, just like after surgery, stomach is a little nausea, and some cold chills when I'm not hot flashing. They did give me some Vivelle dot since the regulars were falling off, but she wouldn't say what she thought. Just "the ultra sound will tell us what's going on." So now I'm crying and upset and nervous about what's going on. I had such a long recovery after surgery, I've already been back in hospital on week 4 post op for infection and pain and I do not want to go back to the castle, which I call it the dungeon because I had neglectful nurses. So I'm a mess. I'm having to take two 10mg lortabs every four hours and that only eases a little of the pain. Anyone had this and what do you think? The pain is on the left, I had my left ovary taken out in 1997 so it's been gone, but it feels like cyst pain and I had this pain right before surgery but it came after I got pregnant about five weeks into the pregnancy. I miscarried and had my surgery and this pain came back about five days ago. I didn't have this much pain with my right side or my incision site. Somebody please tell me this doesn't mean more surgery or he'll have to open me back up. I want this to be over so bad. I told him two weeks ago every time I go off the antibiotics I start feeling bad and he said it felt like I was finally healing good and here I am sick again. This is the fifth visit for problems since surgery. I'm just frustrated and need prayers and encouragement. Somebody else who has gone through this, please write and tell me what you experienced. I'm in and out of hot baths to ease the pain and staying on the heating pad who I am married to for the past eight weeks. I'm supposed to go back to work Monday. Someone please write and tell me this is normal. I'm a basket case right now. Beth

TAH right ovary removed, no left ovary 12/17/02 severe endo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2003, 06:48 PM

(((((Beth)))))

I'm so sorry you're going through this! I didn't have the same experience, but I've read plenty of posts of gals who have, so it's not uncommon.

Hang in there, sweetie, and take extra special care of yourself. Be sure and take all your meds, even after you are feeling better; infections often pretend to go away and wait until you stop taking the meds too early to pop back into your life, making it even harder to fight.

It's good that you are following your DR's advice. I hope you are feeling better very, very soon!

s,
Unread 02-12-2003, 07:05 PM

I am so sorry that you are feeling this bad. I truely sympathize with you...I wish I had an answer, however I didn't have to go through this. Are they sure it isn't a bladder infection? Sounds like you have an infection going on somewhere, however I'm not a Dr. so I don't know.
The Road Less Traveled boards has alot of women that have had problems after their surgeries. Maybe you can go there and someone can give you some help from thier experiances.
Here's the link....And once again..I really feel bad that you are feeling like this..HUGZ!!
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/for...p?s=&forumid=7

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register