headaches....... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

headaches....... headaches.......

Unread 02-13-2003, 04:58 PM
headaches.......

ok I know this is likely hormonal and more then likely due to the fact I've been taking the new anthistamine but had to ask anyways cause the headaches are just like when I was trying to get adjusted hormonally after my hyst.

They start in the afternoon around 1-2 and just get worse as the night goes on.....my head feels super "tight" and I want to scream...........:cry:

thanks for listening to me whine........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2003, 05:43 PM
headaches.......

Gidge,
I've had problems with headaches off and on since the hyst. I went to a neurologist who pronounced me totally normal so I do think mine are hormonal. When they start getting really bad I tweak my progesterone a bit and they get better. Upping my magnesium helped also.

The new med probably has alot to do with it if the headaches started after taking them. I don't remember how you're taking the hrt, any chance of splitting up the dose???

Unread 02-14-2003, 09:34 AM
headaches.......

thanks for your reply Kim

I am taking Minestrin (bcp) and I take one per day and then the next day take one and a half cause if I take a higher dose everyday I get bad headaches and my BP goes up.......while I'm typing this I guess the obvious thing to do would be to start checking my BP and see if it has anything to do with it????

I'm also still having that weird thing that started after this last surgery again, where at night after I eat I get FREEZING cold and then I get super super tired and can't keep my eyes open and have to go to bed......and it's like 7:00pm or something......

I wonder if the two have anything to do with each other and isn't it weird?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2003, 11:14 AM
headaches.......

Gidge,

Don't you have thyroid troubles as well? Could the cold and tiredness be related to that?
Unread 02-14-2003, 11:39 AM
headaches.......

I do Denise and the doc checked my levels and I'm actually better then ever I'm sitting between 1-2 which is the best I"ve ever been.......??

I've also just realized that I"m irrationally cranky......

really starting to sound hormonal to me but maybe just a coincidence?
Unread 02-14-2003, 01:13 PM
headaches.......

Gidge,
Did the doctor just do a regular thyroid test??? Or did he run the T3, T4, etc. You'll find a list of them at the end of this article www.hormonejungle.com/thyroid.php

It is possible for the TSH to be fine and one of the others to be out of whack.

Big s coming your way sweetie!
Unread 02-14-2003, 01:35 PM
headaches.......

(((Gidge))),
I'm sorry your having those headaches again It does sound hormonal Here is some interesting info concerning

Hormones & Migraines:

http://www.womens-health.com/
http://neuro-www.mgh.harvard.edu/forum_2/Head
http://www.usdoctor.com/head.htm
http://www.achenet.org/newsletter/summer2002/
http://neuro-www.mgh.harvard.edu/forum_2/Head

Migraines & Hormones:
http://www.headache.com.au/hachehtm/otherprb/

The Migraine Menstration Connection:
http://www.ivillagehealth.com/experts/womens/

Why women have more Migraines:
http://womenshealth.about.com/library/weekly/

Good Luck Gidge I hope you are able to find the source of these so you can feel better soon
(((hugs)))
Unread 02-14-2003, 01:58 PM
headaches.......

thanks girls

Kim, I think what he checked was my free T4 which is what they check once you've been on the thyroid supplement, or is it your TSH? Anyways......one of them they don't check once you're on the med because it's the other one that tells the story (does that make any sense?)

the other thing that leads me to think it's hormonal is how slow my brain has been.....almost stopped it seems so slow to react....

thanks for the links Sheri I'm gonna go check them out now!! 's!!!
Unread 02-16-2003, 12:54 AM
headaches.......

Hey Gidge,

So good to see you on here. Thank you for replying. Anyways, you are still having some troubles yet. It makes me wonder if you will ever get off this road to the excit ramp.

Headaches, I have that for years since I was 13 years old. It became worse after I had a concusion back in 1981 I think. I am losing track of time now. Must be getting old...

I look forward to coming down to Vancouver to see my doc. I have a list of complaints to run him off. I hope he will listen to them al. I'm sure he will.

I am experiencing another problem last fall. It has gotten worse this year. My hips are really bothering me now. My left hip hurts a lot when I toss in bed. It wakes me up when I sleep at night. My right hip, well that is another thing. I would walk and move a certain way and it feels like my hip somehow gotten lose and the pain would shoot up and I have no support there. It only happens for few seconds. Then it is gone. This is happening more and more all the time. I have no idea what is hapening except that I'm getting older. That might have something to do with it. Don't you think?

Well, it is good to see you back here Gidge. Sure kind of miss not seeing you here and miss you.

s to you Gidge
Dale
Unread 02-17-2003, 09:15 AM
headaches.......

Ahhh shucks!! Thanks Dale it's always nice to be missed.....I haven't been posting much as I seem to be in abit of a holding pattern as far as my remaining symptoms go and am not sure what to do about it!!!!

I have pain in my hips sometimes too and I always wonder whether it's from my incision or my hips but it's on both sides so I think it's my hips, it seems to come with the other joint aches I get periodically.....(hips,ankles,wrists and weirdest of all my collarbone?)

hang in there sweetie!!! 's!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register