suggested cause of cervical cancer, upsetting - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

suggested cause of cervical cancer, upsetting suggested cause of cervical cancer, upsetting

Unread 01-12-2003, 07:29 PM
:(

hello
im still in shock on the phone call i got Posstive for HPV...HP WHAT???? i said...i imediatly wanted my husband DEAD then i got the info from nurse saying it could of been dormant for along time..im thinking ok i can count my partners on one hand and i used protection almost all of the times....almost being the KEY word i guess there not kidding about it only taking ONE...im still in shock then to top it off i got online did the reasearch found out it was linked to cervical cancer...and poof sure enough carcinoma in the situ....ACK.....my girlfreind who has had many more partners in life says she is in soo much shock she never imagined it would be me she was the one that lived in fear of her actions...but it doesnt matter about your past history........1 or 20 it still only takes one..Such is life i call it luck of the IRISH LOLOL ..so glad there is a vacination now ..this gives me peace

hugs to all
Debbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2003, 07:55 PM
suggested cause of cervical cancer, upsetting

I can relate for I too have been a faithful wife. I was not promiscuous before I married. I was actually angry at my husband for having such a lax attitude about sex in his single days. I was angry because my sister-in-law has slept with hundreds of men and I was the one with cervical cancer.

Anyway, I have put that behind me (well most of the time). I too was told that this can lie dormant for many years.
Unread 01-12-2003, 08:58 PM
Virgins CAN EVEN get HPV!!

Quote:
Originally posted by herbiegocrazy
i can count my partners on one hand and i used protection almost all of the times....almost being the KEY word i guess there not kidding about it only taking ONE........1 or 20 it still only takes one..
Debbie!

Another sidenote...it is well documented that even virgins can get HPV, so it doesn't always take just ONE as you say...LOL Sometimes it doesn't take any. Granted, most cases of HPV are traceable to sexual contact of some kind, but no all HPV cases can be traced to any type of sexual contact. This type of "fomite transfer" of HPV is much rarer than the sexual transfer, but no less deadly. Most of us know we contracted HPV from a sexual contact, but there are some folks who this just does not apply to.

Like I stated before: THIS IS EVERYONE'S VIRUS! It does NOT discriminate against any race, religion, or economic status. There are no "good girls/bad girls" or "good boys/bad boys" with this virus because everyone is suseptible....and although the numbers are small, "everyone" even includes a few with NO sexual contact. Scary, huh?

---snip---

Person-to-person infectious spread

HPV has been detected in virgins and can be passed from an infected mother to an infant during the birth process and by way of any type of sexual contact, even such as:

1. moist-towel sharing

2. unclean-device (even seats of exercycles)

3. unclean-underwear sharing

4. nakedly trying on store bathing suits ( And the department stores think those little "crotch protectors" they stick on the crotch of those things will make me put my naked rear in their suits....they're crazy!! )

5. hot tub parties

The above represent so-called "fomite transfer" between venereal warts or infected genitals and a non-infected person's genitals (through water, sweat, or body moisture). The most effective...most infectious...method of transfer is genital-to-genital in sex acts. So, HPV is considered to be the most widespread STD (sexually transmitted disease). Condoms are not a dependable protective against virus transfer, in general, and because foreplay touching is probably just as effective as sexual intercourse. After over 30 years as a professor of virology at MUSC, Charleston, SC (during which time he prepared autologous HPV vaccines from a person's own HPV genital warts in severe cases), Dr. John Manos recently (5/2000) agreed with me about generalities of HPV fomite transfer. He notes that proving it is impossible, so far, because the virus can't be cultured. Moist-towel or other non-sexual transfer between mother-daughter, sister-sister, and roommate-roommate or other partners are very low-risk, ineffective, but possible routes of transfer.

-----end snip-----

(source) http://poptop.hypermart.net/hpv.html

Man-o-man, this topic is HOT HOT HOT! Good to see so many of you so well informed!

Big 'ol Texas s to you all!

Paula
==========
CIN III/CIS
LEEP 12/30/02
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2003, 11:08 AM

What I hate about the internet is that once I informed my family of the cervical cancer they all jumped on their computers looking for information. And I knew what they would find. Now I wonder if anyone is wondering where me or my husband HAVE BEEN???
Just my thoughts
Unread 01-13-2003, 01:54 PM
I know what you mean, Lady!

Quote:
Originally posted by ladybuggin73
What I hate about the internet is that once I informed my family of the cervical cancer they all jumped on their computers looking for information. And I knew what they would find. Now I wonder if anyone is wondering where me or my husband HAVE BEEN???
((((((Lady))))))

I definately know what you're talking about here. The Internet is a wonderful place, chock full of information, about any/everything. The only sad part is when folks look for information, and stop short before having all the details. So, there the family comes, with both barrels drawn on you....looking all concerned and holding in their hands the printed "proof" of what's occured in your marriage. Ahhh, the proof of the information age....ugh Just tell them to go back and research some more. That is the only advice I can give you concerning family. Most mean well, but just don't complete the research before jumping to conclusions. I'm sorry you are having to deal with all of this mess.

Don't you worry none about you, or your hubby. You know the facts and that's all that matters. Neither of you had to go outside of your marriage to contract this virus. One, or both could have had it before marriage. Ignorance is NOT bliss when it comes to HPV. This virus can kill people. Granted, not every strain is deadly, but the ones that are, more than make up for the strains that aren't.

Keep your head up, and keep your immune system in top-notch working order. This will help to keep the virus at bay if/when it goes dormant again.

More big s to all of you!

Paula
==========
CIN III/CIS
LEEP 12/30/02
Unread 01-24-2003, 02:46 PM
suggested causes

I am right there with you Tameelo!!! I have been struggling with this myself. A) Wondering how in the world I got it and feeling like everyone will think I did something wrong or was a bad person and B) I have been told that I have the HPV and I often wonder if I have the virus what will keep the bad cells from coming back and attacking whatever it is that I have left inside of me (not much since my Radical Hyst.)!!! I would like to know if you had any other responses to these questions. Thanks and hang in there...I know that "Cervical" cancer and the suggested causes are unpleasant thoughts, but at least the survival rates are better than a lot of other woman's health issues! Let's not beat ourselves up over something that we can't change and Have a great weekend!

Natasha
Unread 01-24-2003, 03:07 PM

I always thought I had most of this stuff taped but although I had heard of this virus I had no idea of all this - the transmission and what it can do!! I am shocked!! Thank you ladies for keeping us all so well educated - certainly opened my eyes tonight!!
Unread 01-24-2003, 03:46 PM

Hi cwmole! It is very scary, I sure don't understand it all, but I am hopeful that they perfect the vaccine before my daughter is old enough for it. Best of luck with your upcoming surgery! I found this site a week before my surgery and it has been such a blessing! You aren't alone! Take Care!

Natasha
Unread 01-25-2003, 09:56 PM
HPV

Same here married 26 years and faithful can't figure this one. It has been one big upset. Haven't discuss this with my spouse due to the fact it may be something on his end from years ago. I have to go in the hospital to have procedure done to treat the problem. I have had two abnormal paps within two months. The real upset is I was just in hospital to have my ovaries removed and the negative pap came back after my surgery. Let me know how your doctor is treating this?
Unread 01-25-2003, 11:50 PM
HPV

I had read about this HPV before my diagnosis came in. When I asked my Dr. if I had HPV, he told me "we didn't even test for it, we know u have it because of the dysplasia". And from reading one of the posts here, do i need to be taking my own disenfectant when I go to the gym, because I ride the exercise bikes, in fact I did so today. And I probably shouldn't go in the hot tub there either. What if people who don't or thing they don't have it realize I do...will they be afraid to come near me or use the bathroom after me. It is all very disturbing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register