I have at least one fistula | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I have at least one fistula I have at least one fistula

Unread 02-14-2003, 11:57 PM
I have at least one fistula

Hi, I just found out today that I have at least one fistula. Its good to know that I'm not alone, I had a tah/bso/adeno/endo and cyst hyster one day before you did..
Any one have any suggestions on what to wear with the catheter bag? this is my first cath besides the hospital;

Hope that you feel better soon,

and happy valentines day to all. Yeah :

Jan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2003, 06:27 AM
HI

Hi Jan,

Glad you found us- we can all work together- there are other sisters who are in the same boat as you and I just at different stages of recovery..

I found out last week about my v v fistula 2/6/03 and have had the catheter ever since.. you can read my thread which is "Just found Out I Have A Fistula" for alot of hints and answers to questions and there are more also in the road less traveled or you can do a search..

I feel so bad for you- for I truly know how you feel.. let me know thru the site or you can e-mail me as to what exactly you have and how you are proceeding.. it helps when others can help you!! It really saved me alot of worry..

As for the cath ?- very loose baggy pants are what I wear when I go out like sweats or loose stretchies.. when I am home I wear my nite bag alot- it drains better and is more comfortable.. feel better and lots of s to you and I am praying for you too..

Best
Karen
Unread 02-15-2003, 11:24 AM
I have at least one fistula

Jan,

I would say welcome to the club. but it's not a club that I would wish on anyone! I am glad you found us-as Karen said, there are several of us who are in different stages of fistula recovery. I had my repair surgery 31 days ago, and so far-NO LEAKING! I am feeling stronger every day, so it does get better!

I agree with Karen, sweats are the best (my dh is threatening to burn all mine now!) and I also lived in flannel pajama pants when I was home. Even tho you have leg bands for the cath, it's best to tape the tube a little high up to keep from pulling (I liked foam tape the best!) I liked the big bag if I was staying home, as Karen said, it drains better.

We have all been where you are, so don't hesitate to ask us anything. Also, some of the old threads are really informative, like Joce's "vaginal urination" You can do a search to find them.

Get lots of rest and drink lots of water and cranberry juice. If you are leaking alot, use the depends, they will make you feel more comfortable, especially at night.

I'll check back later-relax, I know this is a royal pain for you now, but it WILL get better, and it will really help you re-prioritize your life!

Hugs,
Louise

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register