Dany | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-15-2003, 09:39 PM
Dany

Thanks so much for replying to my post. I was just wondering what you had done to correct your bladder and bowel problems? My GYN checked for prolapse of my bladder and said it is not really prolapsed but I do have the severe stress incontinence as well as bedwetting. Very humiliating.. Sad thing is they have not even checked for bowel prolapse. I am just so tired of having medical problems. Not just the problems, but I was slapped with them all at one time. Hypothyroidism, DDD and torn discs, and the bowel and bladder problems. My gosh, what next??? I feel like such a burden to my family. I try not to conplain, but when they want to go bowling or something physical I have to tell them I can not go. It just breaks my heart.. I am sorry, I sound like a baby. Thanks again, I am going to go read somemore..

HUG, Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2003, 06:42 AM
Dany

Hi ((((Pam))))) I'll try and answer some of your questions.

First off, the only thing that's been fixed is the rectocele. I still have bladder problems and I guess I will always have IBS.

For the IBS, I'm simply trying to watch what I eat and that helps. I'm always careful to note what happens with new meds, etc. etc.

My bladder problems are now straight out incontinence: a mix of stress incontinence, urge incontinence and overactive bladder I AM seeing my doctor, next month, and am hoping that she'll be able to do something about it.

Maybe what you need to do is suggest to your doctor the possibility of bowel prolapse or of IBS. I know that, in the past, this type of strategy helped: most doctors do not want to totally ignore you, especially when THEY can't figure out what's wrong.

BTW, you're right: both the incontinence and bowel problems are really affecting my quality of life

I really hope that you find a solution soon
Unread 02-16-2003, 08:45 PM
Dany

I am sorry to hear you are going through the same thing I am. I have had a HORRIBLE day today. I dont know how to cope with this. I have been in the bathroom half of the day and having lower pelvic pain really bad in my right side of my pelvic that shoots down the front of my left leg. I have not been able to go hardly at all and when I do it is sooo painful!!

I am going to call my GYN Tuesday and see if I can get an earlier appt with him. I am going to end up pushing something out that should not be coming out the rate I am going. It just keeps getting worse. I see my Urologist the 25th of this month, but I have not had the pain like this before. Not sure what to do at this point. I have very understanding 's
but it takes so long to get an appointment with them. I am persistant though.

After the day I had I came out of the bathroom and told my DH that all of my insides are going to fall out and I was going to trip on them. We had to laugh.

Let me know how you are doing and especially what the doctor says, I am sure mine is mixed incontinence as well. OH what fun...
Thanks for all of your help and just being there!!

Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2003, 10:24 AM
Dany

(((Pam)))) I'm so sorry you've had such a horrible time

Since you're in so much pain, do not hesitate to head for the ER if it gets too bad. It could be a number of things, including a partial blockage.

Sending healing s your way. Please keep us posted.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register