Radiofrequency neruroablation - Hesitant to do this! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Radiofrequency neruroablation - Hesitant to do this! Radiofrequency neruroablation - Hesitant to do this!

Unread 02-16-2003, 07:01 AM
Radiofrequency neruroablation - Hesitant to do this!

OK, I saw a PM doc last week. I do not have any nerve related problem, but he has proposed to zap my nerves so that I don't feel any abdominal pain.

I am hesitant to do this until my abdominal wall structure and the color of my skin is normal. I still have a recessed spot - kind of like an inverted hernia (lol) on the midline. My skin remains dark in that area. It is not getting any darker in color unless it is aggravated, but the size of the dark area has increased to the right and is about 4" wide. The right side hurts worse than the left too. There are darker stripes about 1/4" wide where my skin/fat puckers where it is being pulled into the recess when is sit/stand.

I don't think the Drs. know what's going on. Wish I could make it stick out instead of suck in in so I could get it fixed. CTs are normal. I had an MRI Friday but don't know results yet. I expect the MRI will show 'normal' too as this area fills in when I lay down.

My skin is very sore and with the color looking like a possible circulation issue, I'm afraid zapping the nerves and not having any feeling will allow me to put pressure on it and cause more problems in the long haul.

-Nancy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register