Shopping For Post-Op Panties | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Shopping For Post-Op Panties Shopping For Post-Op Panties

Unread 02-17-2003, 12:07 AM
Shopping For Post-Op Panties

I was thinking of all you ladies today while I was shopping for what I'll be needing/wanting post-op.

I was beginning to get frustrated in the lingerie departments of the stores.... it's just really hard to find cute or pretty granny panties. I was continuously disappointed when everytime I saw prettily colored, hi-cut sporty briefs, they turned out to be disguised bikinis hung crotch-forward on their hangers.

In addition, size 7 of one brand is really size 6 or 8 of another. And some come only labelled as S, M, L or XL; no hip sizes on the labels.

Don't get me started on trying to find comfortable, pre-shrunk, no-elastic, drawstring pants long enough (I'm tall) to wear in public.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2003, 02:00 AM

I have had really good luck with Jockey brand panties since my hyst... they make a couple of different styles that are super stretchy to adapt to the various phases of your swelly belly

Also a brand called Barely There makes some nice stretchy, comfortable high cut briefs.

Another option is to get a few pairs of maternity panties and just figure on replacing them with something prettier after your six week checkup... could be kind of a fun milestone!
s,
-Linda
Unread 02-17-2003, 09:46 AM

Jones,

I have had good luck with Jockey as well. Just bought one size larger than normal (in their briefs, instead of bikini) and they have worked great.

Take care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2003, 05:56 PM

HEY- I just bought the BIGGEST- UGLIEST things I could find...LOL

I, at that time didnt care how they looked- the comfort was what I wanted...LOL

Youa re right, it is hard to find anything large and simi sexy...

(Try Lane Bryant)

runabout
Unread 02-17-2003, 06:28 PM

I could not tolerate anything around my waistline for the first few weeks---as it turned out I ditched the granny panties I bought and wore my string bikinis--they hit right along the pubic line and lower hip. Also, I had good luck finding drawstring pants at Old Navy.
Unread 02-17-2003, 09:31 PM

LOL I did the same thing! I wound up with BLACK, yes BLACK Hanes!!! that are fabulous! They are still (swollen and all) about 2 sizes to big, but they feel great! No pulling, squishing...just enough to hold it together. DH laughed his head off when he saw them, but I figured what the heck....THey are only going to be used during this time (maybe a few weeks after returning to work), then they are history!!!! Black, well it's an ending to a chapter in my book and black does it for me! LOL

The pants, well I settled for elastic but 1 size bigger than I needed! Not like sweats, jogging pants, kinda yoga style! My are made by BASIC (Walmart sells the brand), they are comfy and besides here it has been like -10 for 2 weeks, so I didnt' worry about it much. This was my time!!!!!

I hope that you find something!!!! Good luck and big ((((((HUGS))))))))
Unread 02-17-2003, 10:13 PM

I decided on the Hanes hi-cut briefs and the Jockey high-cut briefs. I got them both in bright solid colors - green, blue, pink, purple! Both have been comfy but I like the Hanes better as the waistband isn't as wide as the Jockey undies, which I find a bit too tight around my swollen middle some days. (I got my regular size)

Sandra

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register