oh what fun....... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

oh what fun....... oh what fun.......

Unread 02-17-2003, 09:33 AM
oh what fun.......

Well I had a heck of a weekend..... have pain in my incision (right side of course) lower back pain that feels just like I"m getting my period and to top it off went to a party on Sat night and painstakingly went through the liquor store to find a beer without preservatives in it (I'm allergic now to sulphites) took it to the party had three sips of it......the left side of my face swelled up, I was having chest heaviness and for some strange reason I was deeply confused and my mouth wouldn't connect with my brain so I could explain to anyone what was happening.....eventually I was able to get to my purse and use my epi inhaler but it's pretty bad when a girl can't even have a beer!!

This morning I go for my pre-admission appt to the hospital to have my fillings done (dental freezing has sulphites in it so I have to have general for three fillings and a root canal IN an operating room...so much for never going back to the castle) I meet with the anesthetist and I don't know what else........it's all too reminicent of my many other trips there........

oh well onward and forward if this groin and lower back pain would let up it would make me much happier!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2003, 12:23 PM
oh what fun.......

Oh No Gidge,
Sounds like you are have a heck of a time there. I wish I had some advice for you but I just wanted to send you a and let you know that I'm in your corner.

I hope all goes well at your pre-admission appt again at the castle and a solution must come for your groin and back pains too. Oh U poor thang!
Evette40
Unread 02-17-2003, 02:12 PM
oh what fun.......

((((Gidge)))))) Sorry you've been having such a hard time.... again

I just wanted to wish you luck with your pre-admission for dental surgery tomorrow. I also wanted to try and set your mind at ease regarding this surgery: my DS had dental surgery, when he was 6 yo, and, when he woke up, aside from a bit of nausea, he felt fine. He was back to his usual self the next day. Overall, it seemed a whole lot easier on him than having the teeth repaired in the dentist's office, with the freezing that lasts for a day or so

We'll be holding you in our thoughts and ers tomorrow, sweetie. Let us know how it went, when you have a chance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2003, 02:27 PM
oh what fun.......

thanks

I don't have an actual date for the procedure yet, I had to go for this pre-admission thing first and then they call with the date.....turns out due to my major allergies they were actually considering admitting me to the hospital for this procedure (so they can monitor me after) and I begged and pleaded that I get to go home, so they said if I don't have any reaction to anything I can go but if I do I have to stay..........whew!!!
Unread 02-17-2003, 03:17 PM
oh what fun.......

And....
you get to keep your panties on!

Sorry, couldn't help myself...
I hope you're feeling better...
Hugs,
Sabrina
Unread 02-17-2003, 03:20 PM
oh what fun.......

too funny Sabrina YES! I do get to keep my panties on and no catheter.......(which is cause for a little concern cause the procedure is two and half hours and I have a 1/2 capacity bladder but lets just hope for the best there!!)

ya have to be grateful for the little things in life eh?
Unread 02-18-2003, 09:32 AM
oh what fun.......

Oh gidge s to you honey!!! Sorry you are having such a rough time with everything again. Believe me, you want to be out for the dental thing!!! I had a tooth cut out last August while awake and it was the most awful experience!! NEVER will I have something like that done without anesthesia again. Good luck to you and keep us posted.
Unread 02-18-2003, 09:38 AM
oh what fun.......

thanks

Well now I just wait for a date and get it over with right?

There is something really weird going on with me this .am I was walking to work and suddenly I felt like I had to pee and then I got this extreme heaviness in the vag area and then it felt sorta like I was walking with something hanging down if that makes any sense, now that I"m sitting it's gone but as soon as I stand up it's back.....and when I went to go I didn't have to? Anyone else get this?
Unread 02-18-2003, 10:03 AM
oh what fun.......

((((Gidge))))) I don't want to scare you honey, but here's what I think happened.... because it does sound very familiar

I think you might be having a problem with bladder prolapse Ok, just remember I'm not a doctor and I might definately be wrong... but it sounds a lot like when I was dealing with rectocele, before my hyst: that feeling of something hanging out whenever I stood. In my case, most of the time, it felt like I was sitting on a fence. And, when I felt down there, I felt a bulge at the entrance of my vagina.

Please do not hesitate to contact a doctor: even if it's a prolapse, if it's detected early enough, it can be delt with without surgery.

As I said, hopefully I'm wrong and it's just a weird thing that will go away the same way it started
Unread 02-18-2003, 10:14 AM
oh what fun.......

thanks Dany

Same thing happened about 3:00am I woke up and suddenly had to go pee right then it was the most extreme urge I have ever felt and when I got up to walk I thought it was a very weird feeling but was half asleep.......it almost feels like something is rubbing in there and the more I walk the more I feel like I have to go (meanwhile there is nothing in there anymore no cervix or anything).......I guess the only thing to do is next time it happens I'll have to check it out....will I actually be able to feel it???????

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register