Leaking urine...HELP | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Leaking urine...HELP Leaking urine...HELP

Unread 02-17-2003, 10:48 AM
Leaking urine...HELP

Has anyone had bladder problems after surgery? I had some slight ones prior to surgery - just a little leak if I sneezed or something. Now when I take a nap or sleep (I' m almost 3 weeks post-op) and my bladder is really full, I can't seem to hold it back to get to the toilet. It just starts to leak out....eek! I mentioned it to my doctor and she said the healing takes time - I had a lot of endo on my bladder she had to carefully remove. Will healing help - it scared me last night when I got up in the night to go potty and it just started running out of me. It's only when I've been laying down too. Anyone had this happen?? Thanks for any help you can give me!

Kat 4
TAH/BSO for endo, fibroids
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2003, 11:05 AM
Leaking urine...HELP

I've had some very small leakage problems, I'll suddenly feel a wetness, like back in the old days when my period would unexpectedly start. I'm assuming this is bladder leakage because it's watery, not thick like vaginal discharge. It seems to happen the most right after urinating, like I just didn't get the last few drops out, or occasionally at random, meaningless times.

I am now at 9 weeks post op and this problem has decreased with time. I now rarely have the problem, but I still have to work at getting those last drops out.

melinda
Unread 02-17-2003, 11:42 AM
Leaking urine...HELP

I did notice that I had virtually none of the usual signals that told my body I needed to go, post-surgically, for a while. It still feels like nothing much is happening even when I am urinating full-force, and I only feel an urge if my bladder is very full. I just have to make sure I get up and go often.

I'm probably closer to normal now, but had gone through such a long time, pre-surgery, when even a tiny amount would make me feel like I *had* to go, that I've forgotten what normal feels like.

If you sleep soundly, it might be hard for your body to let you know what it needs. I've heard that this is actually a fairly common cause of bedwetting in children and adults -- it's just new to you. You might try being careful to stop drinking long before bedtime, and a while before naps.

Before my surgery, I got the waterproof pads that are used in hospitals, at the pharmacy, in case I needed them on beds and chairs. As it turned out, I haven't, but you might find them handy under sheets.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register