just got my date! Getting Scared!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

just got my date! Getting Scared!! just got my date! Getting Scared!!

Unread 02-17-2003, 02:32 PM
just got my date! Getting Scared!!

Well just about 2 hours ago the nurse called me with my date! Its March 17th, Only 4 weeks away. I am excited because i am ready to get on with this-but the reality is beginning to set in and i'm beginning to get a little nervous now. Well I just wanted to let everybody know that I got my date-and if anybody has any advice for me --i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks everybody,

Im sure i will have many many questions now--glad you all are here to help.

thanks again,

brenda

:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2003, 02:49 PM

Hi Brenda

Have no fear, your sisters are here! The good part about having a date is now you can begin preparing for surgery and getting everything in order.

You should get your home ready for your recovery. By this I mean putting things within easy reach so you don't have to bend or stretch. Determine where you're going to do most of your resting so you can set up a little table on which to put the TV remote, phone, water, books/magazines, tissues, hand lotion, whatever you'd use on a daily basis.

Prepare meals before surgery and freeze them so all you need to do later on is warm them up. Buy food items like soup, yogurt, cereal bars, juice boxes, etc. for quick and easy meals or snacks.

You may want to buy several pairs of "granny undies" in a larger size than you'd normally wear so they fit comfortably over your belly. Also think about getting loose fitting pants, like sweat pants, but with a drawstring instead of elastic. It's all about comfort and ease.

For additional preparation ideas check out the pre-op helpful hints pull down menu: [

Pre-Op Hysterectomy Articles

Best of luck!
Unread 02-17-2003, 03:32 PM

Hi there,

I'm 13 days post op and thought I'd stop in here to check on all you ladies who are getting ready to go in. 4 weeks to your surgery - my personal recommendation is to excercise as much as you can. I became manic about getting in the best possible shape that I was capable of - and that included doing about 400-500 situps a day. I really feel that has played a huge part in how I am feeling today and how quickly I am bouncing back. Had a TAH and I am able to bend and pick things up - I'm still really being careful - but I know that I am doing well because of that.

Also - if you don't have a laptop, see if you can borrow one. It was invaluable that I could come to this site while I was confined to the bed and sitting up was too uncomfortable.

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2003, 04:29 PM

The following info helped me before surgery. I hope this comes of great use to you also.
1. Reading as much information as possible on your condition- Go to the HELPFUL LINKS Post in the pre op Mess. Board
2. Reading about the Princess Stories. Many women I wrote about their experiences int he hospital- This helped me to know what to expect. This can be found on the Home page, Left side under Hints and Articles.
3. Chat Room- There are many Pre and Post Op Ladies who can give great support and answer questios also.
4. The links below are examples of more info under Hints and Articles.
Good Luck and Keep us posted-
Runabout (Lynne)

Pre Op Questions
Questions for your Pre-Op Hysterectomy Appointment

What to bring to the hospital
What to take to the Hospital for Hysterectomy

How to CARE for a Princess
Hysterectomy Resources for Family Members

POST OP HINTS and HELP
Post-Op Hysterectomy Page

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register