Can anyone help! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can anyone help! Can anyone help!

Unread 02-17-2003, 08:27 PM
Can anyone help!

Hi

I am just recovering from a lap, adesion & scar tissue removal. After the op the surgeon said he thinks some of my pain could be coming from the bowel as in a slow transit problems or something wrong with the bowel. He wants me to get over this then go see a gastroentrologist.

I have had terrible problems with bowel function for a couple of years thanks to endo & adhesions my bowel was stuck to back of vagina, kidney tubes ect... This time he didnt think my problems were down to the adhesions & scar tissue as there was not as much as he had suspected.

I always struggle to pass bowel movements even if stools are soft,I have to rock forward. I also get a bulge when my back passge is full into the vaginal back wall. I have a lot of lower back pains. I never feel like I have completely emptied my bowel enough after movements.

I have been reading up on rectocele & I think I have most of the symptoms. Is what I am describing classic to a rectocele?
I dont get any bulging outside the vagina only inside.

I had a bowel prep for the surgery to clear out the bowel to release adhesions safely. A bowel sugeon was present to assist. Would they have not seen it due to the bowel prep if a rectocele was present? I am prehaps barking up the wrong tree here would welcome some advice.

I am trying to just concentrate on getting over this & being a good princess but my curiousity is getting the better of me & my mind is ruling.

Thanks for the advice

Love Tina 2 xxxxxxxxxxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2003, 09:31 PM
Can anyone help!

Hi (((Tina))) what you are describing does sound like it could be a rectocele, and it sounds like it's possible that if the bowel surgeon only saw you after the prep he may not have noticed it. It also sounds like referring you to the gastro is the right way to go.

I'm sorry you're still dealing with bowel problems. I hope the tests the gastro will do will show exactly where the problem is and what needs to be done so that you can feel better.

-Linda
Unread 02-17-2003, 09:31 PM
Hi Tina

I am soooo sorry to hear you are having problems again... I too am battling with bowel as well as bladder problems. I am also very frusterated. It is ruleing my life so to speak. I spend at least an hour at a time in the bathroom trying not to force it too hard so I dont bust another hemmeroid, but I have to lean back to have a BM and forward and strain like I am having a BM to pee. Afterwards my insides are so sore and my hemmeroids are throbbling. It takes all I have to keep from fainting while trying to get it all out. I have not felt for a bulge, I would not know exactly where or how to feel for it. My hemmeroids are really bad so I can not tell if something is actually prolapsing or if it is just more hemmeroids. I too am very confused. I feel for you. I hate to hear that anyone has to go through what I am. I am sending a great big
your way.. Let me know how the Dr appts go, I am curious to see what they say..

Take care!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2003, 08:28 AM
Can anyone help!

Dear Tina,

First here is a for you! I'm sorry you are dealing with this. I too have horrible pain when having a bm, and have the feeling that I'm not able to void properly. I keep eating a lot of fibre, metamucil etc, but nothing is helping me. I too am waiting to see a bowel doc.

I don't have the bulge that you describe, and agree that seeing at doc about this is the right way to go. It is possible that during your last surgery...they didn't see it, or even look for it.

I'm praying for a quick recovery for you... as well as the right dr to help you figure out what is going on with your bowel.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register