Replys to Dawn, Audrey, and DLK | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Replys to Dawn, Audrey, and DLK Replys to Dawn, Audrey, and DLK

Unread 02-18-2003, 06:38 AM
Replys to Dawn, Audrey, and DLK

I want to thank you all sooo much for taking the time to help me through this. I wanted to post seperatly so you all could see it..

Dawn, I am so glad to hear you have some relief from your surgery. I am sure you will have to battle the adhesions, or maybe this time you won the battle. Us women have to be prepared for anything though..

You asked what type of bowel problems I am having. WELL, lets see how I can explain it...... I go daily, maybe 2 to 3 times because I feel like it never fully comes out. I always feel pressure. Most of the time I have soft stools, NEVER hard or completly solid, and sometimes diarrhea. I have to move around to find a position that I can actually get anything to come out, then when I find the position I have to bear down like I am giving birth to a 20 lb baby and go very little even with all of the effort I give. I get lower pelvic pain when I push and most of the time I can not pee at the same time because I have to lean forward to urinate. By the time I am done (well I think I am) my insides feel like they have been bruised. Not to mention my hemmeroids bleeding. I take Citricel fiber pills, but they dont really do much for me. I honestly can not tell if I am constipated or it just WONT come out fro some other reason. I am so confused and fed up I end up in tears on the toilet. I should have a permenant ring on my butt from the toilet seat. It is so humiliating to hear my DH asking the kids where is Mom and they always say "where do you think she is, in the bathroom." I feel like I live there. Thanks again for your support!!

Audrey, I also want to thank you for being there.

I have not yet had any surgery done on my bladder yet. I am waiting patiently (well not really patiently) for my Urologist appt next Wed to find out exactly what the urodynamics test showed other than severe stress incontinence. She had me empty my bladder 2 times and I had to lean forward and push to even get it started and even then it came out ONLY when I pushed. I also ended up loosing my bowels and did not even know until she told me. It was very humiliating. I described to Dawn my bowel problems above. I am not sure of anything right now and am so depressed!!! Again, thank you for taking the time to reply and support.

DLK, Yet another angel coming to my rescue. I dont know what I would do without you all. Probably sit in a corner and cry!!!

I have looked up rectocele symptons and I do have them except for the bulging. It might be bulging, but I dont know how to tell if it is bulging into my vagina or rectum. If it is bulging in my rectum, I dont think it could make it past my hemmeroids honestly. They are horrible. I posted on how to feel the bulging.

My Gyn did a pelvic exam 2 appts ago and told me I had a sagging vagina and it could be because my thyroid is keeping my body from absorbing my HRT. They have me on thyroid hormones and my last appt with him he said it looked a little better, but not alot. I have to go back the first week of next month to have it checked again. I take my hormones every day, I just hope they are working and that the damage is not irreversable.

I had a Urodynamic test done on my bladder and she said it was definately stress incontinence (I pees all over myself while coughing, of course it did not help that I had a cold that day) It was worse standing up than sitting down. Like I told Audrey, She asked me if I had to push like that to urinate every time I go and I told her yes. She said that it was not normal at all to have to strain or lean forward like I did. I have to wait until my Appt next Wed to find out everything though. I just wish they would hurry up and find out before it all falls out and I trip over it..

I have never leaked before like I am now. I constantly feel wet, even without any stress to make it leak and, this is humiliating, but I am starting to smell like urine all of the time. I wear a pad now, but it is still humiliating for me..... Especially when I catch myself peeing at night in my bed and my husband notices..

Thanks again to you all for your support and heart you give!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register