I'm a little freaked ladies... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm a little freaked ladies... I'm a little freaked ladies...

Unread 02-18-2003, 09:25 PM
I'm a little freaked ladies...

Okay ladies need to fess up here.... I am really feeling freaked out about being back in the OR this time. This gut naueseating feeling with nots and butterflies. I never have felt this bad in all the times I have had surgery in the past and they are too numerous to go into. I hardly slept at all last night, I did get a little nap in today but know that I really need to be rested. Please keep me in your prayers... I know everything that is going to happen and am very confident in both the ,
I am going to the hospital of my choice and am comfortable with them too. Bottom line:: I just don't want to do this again
Sorry to ramble, I guess I just need a little support from the ladies that understand.

I also have the what if syndrome going on.... I so much want them to find out what is causing all this pain etc. Please pray God will give them wisdom too!

Thank you so much sisters,
DLK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2003, 09:55 PM
Im right there with ya !

DLK,
I know how you feel. I guess It's like after the last surgery, We think OK this is it .Im fine. Then, BAM , Symptoms and here we go again!!!!! I am scared but more so if we let things go untreated. It is comforting talking to others who have been through and are going through these trying times in our lives. I will keep you in my prayers and wishes for a speedy recovery!
Unread 02-18-2003, 10:07 PM

Big hugs to you!! I'll be thinking of you and adding my prayers too. Remember that all your sisters here are always with you! I hope that this will end all your pain and problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2003, 10:16 PM

(((DLK))) some deep calming breaths, ok? Try to clear all the negative thoughts away and think nice, sweet thoughts about people treating you wonderfully, DRs doing their best work ever and you resting comfortably after the surgery is over! I find that imagining a positive outcome can really help. Just push all those 'what if's' right out of the way!

You're going to do great... they are going to find and correct the source of your pain... you will have an easy recovery with lots of sisters waiting to hear how you're doing as soon as you're up to letting us know!
s,
-Linda
Unread 02-18-2003, 10:33 PM
DLK,

BIG 's for you Honey...It just never gets any easier does it? When returning for another procedure after my hyst, I thought it would be a walk in the park but it was just as hard. I also had the "what if" syndrome. I think it is normal...........but still not any fun.

I hope it sets your mind at ease a little that you are confident in your Dr's abilities and in the hospital that you will be using. If you are at all like me......discuss with your doc and your A-man in advance...about a little something in your IV while you are still in the pre-op holding area to calm your nerves and make you drift off and feel a little more relaxed. When I had my TAH, I was VERY uncomfortable with the fact that I was wide awake when being brought into the OR to view the "sterile" environment with all the equipemnt and the big metal table with my name on it.......it really raised me level of anxiety. If it's not already too close to the date of your procedure, maybe your doc could call you in a little something for anxiety as well. It's not every day that we are looking forward to surgery, I think he would understand.

Know that we are here for you. I will be praying that your docs are on their toes and find all of the answers that you and they are seeking. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a smooth procedure and recovery.

We you!!!
Dawn
Unread 02-19-2003, 06:29 AM

Thank you all..... boy the emotions are rolling today, tears and anxiety are not any fun. I guess the snowed feeling hasn't helped either I haven't been out of the house for over 5 days now. I am going to try and get some time today to help and get some of the refreshing sun that here for just a short time.

((Linda)) thank you for the calming thoughts it really does help I so much appreciate it.

((Dawn)) I am so glad you brought up the anxiety thing, I will bring it to the A-man's attention, I keep having vivid thoughts/nightmares of the OR and the big lights, if he could sedate me some prior I think I would do a whole lot better. I will definitely beg......

thanks again ladies,
DLK
Unread 02-19-2003, 06:35 AM

{{{DLK}}}
I'm sending soothing calming s your way. I think it is normal to be apprehensive about surgery. I've had 4 surgeries post hyst and with each one I seemed to get a little more nervous. I will be ing that they find the cause of your pain and get if fixed.

You will do great! Your sisters will be with you in spirit holding your hand the whole way.
Unread 02-19-2003, 07:15 AM

DLK

I am sorry you are so anxious! I will be ing those docs find out where your pain is coming from and put an end to it forever.

(((Dawn))) had an excellent suggestion! I have had 5 or 6 surgeries (funny that I could lose count) and got more nervous with each one. I was unreal the day of my hyst! When I first got to the castle they gave me a Valium p.o. Then the A-man put something in my IV and I barely remember being taken to the OR or the spinal.

s!
Unread 02-19-2003, 09:31 AM
((((((((((DLK))))))))))

I wish I had the words to ease your mind dear sister...I know that another surgery is not what you had in mind...but try to think of all of us

I will pray that you will feel less anxious, and that this surgery will get you on the road to good health.

I hope that you bring up the feelings you are having with your doc...and that they are able to give you something to relax you my dear. Perhaps it's worth a call to the doc's office today...and knowing that they will be able to give you something before surgery, will help you now.

S
Unread 02-19-2003, 09:47 AM
I am with you...

I will
that all goes well. I too am in the circle of not knowing.. I also DO NOT want another surgery, but if that is the only way to fix it all and find out what is there, then I guess it is better than living with all of this...

You will do great, just remember we are here before and after your surgery to help you through this. It is OK to be nervous and scared, just think of how good it will be to know what is causing all of your problems and get them taken care of!!! Feel free to cry if you need to, but please post to get some support whenever needed...

HUGE

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register