lifted too much at 4 months out and now I hurt again | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

lifted too much at 4 months out and now I hurt again lifted too much at 4 months out and now I hurt again

Unread 02-19-2003, 07:10 PM
lifted too much at 4 months out and now I hurt again

I know I know, the answer is "call the doctor and ask" and I will do that tomorrow. I keep putting this off. I had a tah/bso in October 2002 so I'm 4 months out. Had incision complications so I was out on medical leave for 9 weeks. I've got very very little energy since returning to work.

Well I went to a friend's wedding in feb and I KNOW my doc told me that I shouldn't lift more than 10-15 pounds for about 6 months but my suitcase weighed more than that, probably in the 30-40 pound range, and I lifted it a couple times too many.....off the baggage carousel at the airport, in/out of the car, and now I hurt. I feel like my incision is pulling a little in the middle, and my tummy is a bit swollen and tender. It's not a sharp pain, but it is very achey when I touch my tummy.

What in the world could I have done? Shouldn't things be back together at 4 months?

Thanks a billion for the help!
joy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2003, 08:44 PM

(((((Joy)))))) I'm so sorry you've hurt yourself in this manner These lessons are always sooooo hard to learn. I know.. 'cause I've been known to do too much too soon too

I know you know the answer (because you said so): please, do call your doctor. ((((Joy))))) It may not be as bad as it seems. You may not have done serious damage. However, since you are hurting and it is a new pain resulting from over doing it, chances are your doctor will want to see you to make sure that all is ok.

Sending lots of healing s your way. Please let us know how it all goes.
Unread 02-20-2003, 08:30 AM

Joy,
I agree, a call to the is in order here. It could be that you just strained some muscles that you haven't used for awhile. But it could be something else, so it's best to let the doctor determine.

Good luck, let us know what the doc says.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2003, 05:39 PM
I agree

I agree with what has been said already. However, I also agree that things should pretty well be 'back in place' by 4 months and chances are you didn't do anything serious to yourself. My doctor took all restrictions off at 3 months, including lifting a toddler.

Joselle
Unread 02-20-2003, 06:57 PM
sneezing alot

I know how you feel. The last few days I have had a burning sensation on my right side from sneezing. I have a sinus infection and have these sneezing fits...I dread sneezing cus my abdominal muscles contract and I hurt. I am back to holding my tummy when I sneeze.
Unread 02-21-2003, 08:35 AM
Hi Joy!

Well, Im right there with ya! Had my TAH Oct. 15th. For X-Mas I got a 115 pound, 7 month old Great Dane. The dog trainer was here Tuesday, we worked on Down, and Stay, in the back yard. The last Down and Stay ended up in a huge pile of hidden Cat Poop!! And since Harley comes in the house, we were off to the dog groomer. I had to lift this "Puppy" 3 times. I have been doing so well with my Hyst. I didnt think anything of it till I was in pain. I hurt for the rest of the day and had just a little swelly belly. The next day I felt like I had done sit ups (alot of them) But now (Friday) Im all better. Guess I forgot I am a Princess now!!! So we both better "Chill Out" awhile longer, and make sure we give ourselves the time needed to Heel, LOL, I mean Heal. Hope You are doing better now!!! 'sss
Unread 02-21-2003, 10:58 AM
THANKS!!!

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I called the doc thursday. I have an appt next thursday. I found that my gyn (she did my surgery) left the practice in January to start her own practice. I'm sorry to see her go and if she was staying on the side of town I live on it wouldn't be so bad. But she isn't anywhere convenient to my life now and I do like other doc's in the practice.

After my surgery I had problems with the incision...it opened up after about 10 days and took forever to close. I had to have home health out every day for about 3 weeks and had to see the doc every week. I talked to one of the nurses who saw me during this time and she said yes I need to come in. She agrees, it's probably nothing serious but it's definitely worth checking.

My tummy is still tender to push on it and is still quite swollen. Where my incision is feels like it's pulling. I'm just taking it easy. I'm off work today and don't have to go back til monday. One of these days I'll learn!

joy
Unread 02-21-2003, 11:24 AM

Joy,
I'm so glad that you gave the doctor a call. I'm also glad that you're getting to take a few days off to

I had an incision reopened after a laprodectomy many years ago. It did take quite awhile for it to heal and the tenderness to go away.

Do let us know what the doctor says.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register