Moody | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-21-2003, 01:27 AM
Moody

Ok, I can deal with the pain from the cyst and the being one minute and the s the next, but these mood swings have to go. I get so irritated that I can't stand myself. I get on my own nerves. Now tell me, how sad is that? I have both my ovaries and have been told that sooner or later they will kick back in. I prefer sooner! My husband most certainly does too. He has been so patient with me. Thank goodness. I have my post-op appointment on Feb. 24th. Due to the hotflashes and moodswings, do I need hormone replacement therapy? Is that even an option. Lord knows I need something. Has anyone else been through this ordeal. If so, I would love to hear how you handled it. Thanks for dropping by to help! All of you are !

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2003, 02:46 AM
Moody

Cat,
I COMPLETELY understand what you are talking about that. I had that even pre-op, couldn't stand myself much of the time. How did people put up with me??? If someone treated me the way I was treating them, I don't imagine I would be quiet about it!!! Maybe you do need the HRT, but just ask your doc. I have my post-op the same day as you, so I will be thinking of you. (I have script in hand for Menest, as I did have my ovaries out, so we're a bit different in that way).

I don't have the answer you are looking for, but I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I definitely know what you are talking about though...one minute nasty *punch*, the next minute sweet ... the best advice I can give you is to try to be aware, and if you feel it coming on, leave the area, go into the bedroom or take a little walk and hopefully work through it. That's the best I could do when it happened/s to me...and as long as you catch it in time, you should be okay if you leave and try not to take it out on anyone. It's rough, but be patient with yourself til your post-op. It's not an easy time right now!!!
BIG s
Christine
Unread 02-21-2003, 03:42 AM
Moody

Pop on over to the Hormone jungle forum. They will have lots of information and support for you. If it is a problem of not being allowed to take HRT for a medical reason then try the No Hormone Desert forum. They have lots of suggestions on some natural things you can try (after checking with your doctor first).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2003, 10:04 AM
mOODY

I AM 1 1/2 WKS. POST OP TAH/BSO AND HAD MY STAPLES OUT YESTERDAY. I TOLD THE DR. ABOUT HOT FLASHES/MOODINESS ETC. AND INSTEAD OF DISCUSSING HRT OPTIONS AT THIS POINT SHE TOLD ME TO TAKE OVER THE COUNTER "REMIFEMIN". COSTS ABOUT $20.00 FOR ONE MONTH. IT IS A NATURAL SUPPLEMENT, NO HORMONES, AND IT IS SUPPOSED TO TAKE A LITTLE WHILE TO GET INTO YOUR SYSTEM BEFORE YOU NOTICED RESULTS. BUT, I BOUGHT SOME YESTERDAY AND HAVE BEEN TAKING SINCE. WORTH A TRY! GOOD LUCK
Unread 02-21-2003, 11:13 AM
Moody

Hi Cat,

I am three weeks post-op as of yesterday. I did keep both of my ovaries. I was perimenopausal before the surgery and had been having occassional night sweats, hot flashes, and mood swings for the past year or so. We elected to keep my ovaries because the Dr. felt that some function was better than no function. Then the very first week after surgery I was having absolutely horrible night sweats, chills and headaches. Then....I started driving my own self crazy. I hated everybody one minute and loved them the next. My dh has been so supportive....he just doesn't know which Terry he's going to get when he walks in the door. :burning:

I can tell you what has happened in my case. I called the Dr. after enduring the symptoms for a week. He put me on estradiol 1mg. Today I had my 3 week follow-up appointment and we talked about it. I'm still having ocassional night sweats, moodiness, low energy, headaches every once in a while....so....he upped the dosage to 2mg.

I can relate to how you are feeling. It is extremely frustrating and it seems that from everything I've read over in the Hormone Jungle it takes some time to get it all figured out. I even talked to my Dr. today about the possibility of adding testesterone. Supposedly works wonders for energy and libido....both have been in the big fat hairy zero column for me for the past 7 or 8 months.

Dr. said that we would try the 2mg. of estradiol first and at my next appointment we would consider other options. He is a fantastic Dr. and my advice to you would be to let your Dr. know everything that is going on with you. I've been keeping a chart ever since my surgery. I just write down exactly how I'm feeling during the day and everytime I'm awakened by night sweats or whatever.....I wrote it down. I presented that to him at my appointment this morning and he gave me the thumbs up.

If there is one thing that I've learned from this site....it's that we are responsible for our own health. Nobody else knows how you feel but you and it's up to you to be your own best advocate.

Best of luck to you. Please let me know if I can help you in any way.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register