4 mths post-op & premarin | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 mths post-op & premarin 4 mths post-op & premarin

Unread 02-23-2003, 10:05 AM
4 mths post-op & premarin

This is my first posting and wonder what results are being found at this stage with premarin. I had TAH & BSO on Oct 22nd because of enlarged uterus & very large firborids. I am assuming that the growth of these was likely due to overabundance of estrogen being produced. I should say that for the past few years I had also noticed some weight gain & fairly noticeable increase in breast size. After surgery my gyn prescribed premarin only. I have lost approx 10 pounds. I felt best perhaps 1 month ago. Over the past month I am much more tired, have noticed a very significant decrease in breast size, have some weakness and aching in legs. This may also seem like a strange one but ..when becoming aroused somewhat also get headache by my temples. Does this make any sense?
Other than the above I think I am doing pretty well. The old "swelly belly" thing I hope will go away soon. I started back to work at 6 weeks. I suspect I just need to see the doctor to see about hormone levels?????? Anyone having similar experiences?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2003, 11:00 AM
4 mths post-op & premarin

Hi - Just found this site two days ago and learning the ropes! Your symptoms are mine! I am 6 weeks post-op. Started premarin at 2 weeks post due to extreme crying bouts. My mood is better but not perfect. But, I just consulted with the doctor over the phone Friday and he is recommending trying some testerone daily. He states testerone is good for over all well feeling. I am sooo tired (need daily naps), aches throughout my joints and muscles that I never had before, and have headaches almost daily around the temples and back of the neck. I just figured my headaches were normal as I suffer from migraines but these are different. he also reported that the testerone could help with improving sex drive also. (Didn't even mention it to him that my was nil!). No pain or discomfort with anything. A bit nervous with the fatigue as I return to work next week. Hoping that the testerone with help. Did you consult with your doctor and did he recommend anything different?

Keep your chin up. That what everyone is telling me. I am expecting an instant return to normalcy and am beginning to realize that is unrealistic!

Margaret

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register