I am new here also, spooked and angery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am new here also, spooked and angery I am new here also, spooked and angery

Unread 02-23-2003, 07:23 PM
I am new here also, spooked and angery

Hi ,

I hope i dont bable to much, My Hyst. thing is sappose to be march 4 , just a few weeks away. I though Iwas being strong, the anxsiaty is realy driving me nuts. not to metion thouse around me.
from what I have read, hyst's from cancer are diffrent. dose cancer ever go away? I went to the clink in november, I was so tired. I was thinking menonpuse, I am 41, any way the pap came back cancer, so they did a biopsy, is said just sever displasia. It wasn't cancer so no big deal after all, so I had laser, the leep thing done 1-10-03, that was sappose to be the end of it. I wasn't at all worried, went out and bought a horse, hehe my hubby was spoling me.
a week later I got a call from the doc, the leep I didn't know was a test also, came back invasive cancer. I droped the phone. so now Ihave to have surgery, it is on the 4th of march. I think its LAV. vaganil kind. they will also be exploring, because they still dont know how much.
i wish my mom had told me heavy periods wernt normal, I wished some one told me My DH was not to big for me.
and the anger goes deep, what some freack did so many years ago, now Ihave to suffer twice. it isn't fair. to any of us.
I have so many questions, and I feel so alone. Live was just starting to get good for us.
I appologise for ranting so. But I need to let it out some place, when Itry to talkto people I know they say I am feeling sorry for me. I am trying so hard not to cry, cause my DH get upset when I cry. then he gets angery, and hard to live with.
How bad can this cervical cancer be? I am so praying this hyst thing will end it. Is it normal to be this angery? will it hurt, (stuped question) but Igot to ask. what can go wrong? Idont understand staging. mine is invasive, I understood that,
It was only sappose to be menopase, you know a few vitames.
thank you for lessening.

Love and Harmony always
Karen Hart
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2003, 09:09 PM

Hi Karen,

I think everything you are feeling is very normal and many women on this board share those feelings. I was shocked and terrified went I found out I had cancer last July, but have learned that you can get thru it. The waiting for the surgery and the pathology is the hardest past. Hopefully the surgery will get rid of all the cancer and you won't need furthur treatment, but if you do there are many treatments available and they are sometimes tough but doable, Ask your Doctors lot;s of questions and try to stay positive.

My daugher and I love horses and are hoping to move to a house where we can have one.
Unread 02-23-2003, 09:18 PM

Cervical Cancer is very curable in the early stages. You should ask your doctor what stage they think it is at. I would highly recommend going to a gyn oncologist. They are the experts in this area. Most cervical cancers are caught early thanks to the Pap! Good Luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2003, 09:26 PM

Dear Karen,
I had my radical hyster. this last summer. It really was not as bad as I imagined, I had never had a major surgery before. My pathology report came back clear from surgery, not in my lymph nodes, so I did not require further treatment. Thank God! I pray that you will also have good results and the hyster. will take care of the cancer for you! Is a gyn/oncologist going to be doing your surgery?
I am so glad you found hystersisters before your surgery! We will be here for you! Take care!
Rhonda
Radical hysterectomy June, 4,2002 for cervical cancer, stage 1b
Unread 02-24-2003, 03:05 PM
Welcome to Hyster Sisters

First, plesae check the pre-op board if you haven't already. It's full of woman to woman advice. I hope that your surgery gets all the cancer and you need no further treatment. The previous advice about a gyn/onc is very true--they are the experts on gynecological cancers. I too was shocked when I learned it really was cancer and ovarian and as widespread as it was--this is very normal. Please if you have more questions or concerns come back here. Ellen
Unread 02-24-2003, 04:52 PM
My Mom's Experience

In her late 40's/early 50's over a period of 8 years, my Mom had bits and pieces of her cervix taken out (precancerous changes) until finally her MD convinced her to have a hysterectomy. Her MD had polled the other MDs in the practice and they agreed my Mom had a 99% chance of developing cancer. It came at the worst possible time (as she was divorcing my Dad) but she came through really well - and is doing well now (about 15 years later).

In my Mom's case, it was a very slow growing ?pre-cancerous cervical thing. From what I've read, alot of cervical cancer is slow growing.

My Mom had a lot of anger over her hysterectomy at the time (especially in the context of my Dad's infidelity and the way she found out) and that made it harder for her to have the hysterectomy ... but now she has nothing to say but positive things. I am having a LAVH the end of this week, and she was very encouraging. She said she had very little pain and recovery was good (no chemo or radiation was necessary). In fact, she said the only pain killers she took after the vaginal hysterectomy (done 1987) were aspirin!

Regarding emotions and my upcoming LAVH... anger, fear, insecurity, and bouts of almost hysteria have been part of what I cycle through in a day. Am not sure how much is hormonal - and my DH has been exasperated with me (and I've been upset at myself for being upset) but I think it is all part of the grieving and acceptance process... with a hormonal twist for extra craziness. I have some lorazepam for sleep that I might take once a day a few times a week when I know I'm too wild. And have started some HRT (can't take a full dose, but a little here and there when my symptoms flare up seems to help).

In my case, there is a chance the large cysts could be cancer (not real likely) and I've also read that what looks like deteriorating fibroids on ultrasound can rarely be some kind of cancer. My cervix had colposcopy 30 years ago (in my late teens) because I had too much gland tissue and someone thought it looked like my Mom took DES (apparently not). So my cervix is coming out, too.

I think it is normal to be emotionally all over the map (the hard part is keeping things under wraps when it is imp to function and finding safe places to get support). Places like this website help.

fortyeight
Unread 02-24-2003, 05:02 PM
question

how early do the doctors consider cervical canger stage what to stage what?

wondering?
Unread 02-24-2003, 05:54 PM

Here's a link to a site that gives information on the stages of Cervical Cancer.

Stages

((Karen))....did the dr tell you what stage they think the cancer is when he talked to you after the LEEP? The ladies give good advice about seeing a gyn/oncologist. They're the experts!
Unread 02-25-2003, 01:11 AM
Thank you,

thank you so much for lessening to me. I was so upset with the resaults from the LEEP, I for got to ask about staging.
the clinck sent me to a gyn/onc, and I like her. I will ask her about meds for sleeping. tomorow is my pre-op appointment.
I get another physical. and sighn a bunch of papers, hopefuly I will rember to ask what stage it is. it was called micro invasive squamish cell carcinoma? If that means anyu thing.

Love and harmoney always
Karen Hart
Unread 02-25-2003, 01:19 AM
P.S.

Thanks for the link, it made a bunch clear. I bet that is what they will do tomorow at my pre-op. they haven't done any of that blood test's, mir's, C-scan's. none of that. ugh.

Love and Harmony always
Karen Hart

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register