I am new here also, spooked and angery - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am new here also, spooked and angery I am new here also, spooked and angery

Unread 02-25-2003, 07:44 AM
I am new here also, spooked and angery

Microinvasive is early stages of cancer. A question to ask is are they doing a total or radical hysterectomy. The difference is that during a radical they remove the upper part of vagina, some lymph nodes and additional tissue. For stage 1A a total is usually done but for stage 1B a radical is normally done. Did they get clear margins with the leep? This would be another good question to ask. Clear margins means that they think they got it all while margins that are not clean means that they think that there is still more cancer cells that are still there that extended past what they removed.

Good Luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2003, 11:41 PM
:) Kind of good news,

Every one here has been so helpfule, maybe on day I can get online early enufe to chat.
any way I got back from my pre-op appontment today. the Dc is doing a -TVH- , it is stage 1A. Wile I am in surgery next week she will also look at my overis, if there is any reason to take them out she will. She realy dose not want to take out my overis because I have early ostioprosis. I kind of need to keep the overies if we can.
Any way she said this should prevent any further accorances of cancer.
I have to admit Ifeel kind of silly getting so up set over nothing, it can't be that bad. Most of you have done it, and are hanging in there.
Maybe my life isn't over after all.

Love and Harmony always,
Coyoso
Unread 02-26-2003, 08:07 AM
The unknown is usually stressful!!!

Coyoso -

Read your most recent post ..and think very highly of you for admitting your fears and feelings (at a time when many people would be afraid to deal with their emotions).

It's been hard for me to find/gracefully accept help for my own reasons (long story)... but the one thing that's helped me is finding people who can help me understand what is going on (so I can see beyond my own hormonal and other craziness to find my own "truth"). I've learned that for me anger is not just one thing - it can be overload, it can be fear, it can be "fight or flight" instinct, it can be grieving - and that for me the best way to deal with it is go through it and try to find out why I'm so angry (scared?) and deal with it as best I can. So I always admire people who admit their feelings and try to deal constructively with them.

Didn't someone say "the truth will set you free"? You are well on your way!

fortyeight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2003, 01:59 PM

I think that most of the women here can relate to the anxiety and fear you are feeling. Mine was stage 1A as well and I still feel vulnerable and scared at times. Glad it's just stage 1A. It's 99% curable with a hysterectomy.
Unread 02-28-2003, 02:07 AM
Hi :(

I wanted to runaway yesterday so bad, dang my car died.
DH fixed it a drove me to my work. it sunk in some of what the dc said tusday afternoon. I told her Iwas happy about it cause so many of the wemon here said how much better they felt, and that they had gotten ther lifes back. I was happy cause Iwouldn't be sooo tired any more. The look she gave me sent a chill down my back, as she went on to say, with this sort of thing she would not know untill the lap report came back. it made my skin crawl,
because I have a family histery of cancer, my dad died when he was 45 from intestanel cancer, we always figured it was cause he drank way to much. My mom sent me an e-mail last week to inform me of two great aunts , and a grandmother, that had died from wemon cancers, like a ding bat I had to inform my dc of the news. Now I know she is not telling me something. I have another aunt, she is 51 now but she had the same kind of cancer I have when she was 41. i am now 41. there is hope my aunt is still doing well.
Any way the dc said there are other things going on, for know we are taking care of the most imprtant one.
on tusday I was so happy with stage one,it is 97% fixable the rest didn't sink in till yesterday, it hit like a tune of bricks. The dc was great on tusday, under the situation. but the staff was horrid. they where all cranky , the lady that took my blood sample, was rude to me, the x-ray person was so rude, Iwanted to slap her. But I grit my teeth, and said thank you, appologised for bothering them, there moods and treat ment changed right away. I understand we are all human. I sure hope they arent like that when I go back on tusday to have majore body parts removed. DH is being a major pill, he is constantly attaking my 19 year old DD. soom times I dont blame him still I dont want to hear it.
I know you all have so much going on, and how busy you are. at least there is a place to rant and rave. I was so angery my dh wont let me go to the ocean saturday, its only 9 hours away, Ican go saturday, and be back munday. hehe Maybe. sappose he thinks I might not come back. it bugs me he wont let me out of his sight.

I wish I new the just the right wish to make it all better for all of us. I am trying so hard to keep my mood on the posative, at least I got to have kids. my heart breaks so much for all those that did't.
I have to go, I might start crying agian.

Love and harmeny always
Karen "coyo" hart
Unread 02-28-2003, 08:43 AM

Karen,

Try to hang in there for these next couple of days. I am so sorry that the doctor's staff was not more comforting, especially at a time when you so dearly need support. Waiting for the surgery is often the hardest part, if that's any help to you at all.

Best of luck to you. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Beth
Unread 02-28-2003, 11:45 AM

(((Karen)))

You're right........you can come here any time you need to vent. We all know how hard it can be waiting for surgery. I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

Unread 02-28-2003, 01:26 PM

Karen,
Hang in there. It sounds like you been surrounded by negative people at a time when you are especially vulnerable, but from your post the other day it seems you have every reason to be optimistic. Your DH sounds a lot like mine when i all started for me. Cancer, surgery can strain even the best of relionships, but like exercise, the struggle can makethese relationships stronger. Too bad you can't go to the ocean. Maybe you can find something closer to ome that will help ease stress during the waiting time?
Unread 03-01-2003, 01:26 AM
Beth, Em and Sheperdpal Thank you.

Now I want to cry, cause my heart feel so warm. from all your kind words. Ihad a great day at work, there was so much laughter, and jokes, and just silly. every day this week, Ifind I have more friends than I thought I had. still I worrie about that staff. I now we are all human, any way thank you so much. I will keep you in my heart also.

Love and Harmony always,
Karen Hart
Unread 03-02-2003, 06:29 AM

(((Karen)))

I'm sorry this is so hard for you. I had lots of up and down days before my surgery, and I think most women do. It's normal. Waiting is horrible!

I just wanted to wish you good luck! You're going to get through this!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register