Druid | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-23-2003, 10:05 PM
Druid

I wanted to post to you directly and wish you well with your upcoming surgery. I have been on and off with my thyroid acting up as well as my DDD and herniated discs in my back and now having to deal with yet another surgery for my stress incontinence, rectocele and cystocele and whatever else they have found. I just wanted to know if you can give me the details of your surgery and your symptoms. I see my urologist Tuesday and am very worried about what they found after my urodynamic testing I had done. It has been a LONG wait and I will be glad to know what exactly needs to be repaired besides the stress incontinence and hemerroids being removed. I know you are going through alot of emotions and my goes out to you as I understand exactly where you are coming from.. I hope you dont mind me asking all of the questions. I just want to make sure I know what I am up against. I will be praying that all goes well and you will finally get relief after the surgery. Are they doing it vaginally or abdominally? Again, sorry for all of the questions...

and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2003, 05:45 PM
Info

Hi,
Of course I will be happy to answer any questions you may have! I appreciate your kind words of support. We are all here to help each other. as far as my surgery, I will have a bikini incision lower pelvic region, some stitches inside the vagina, plus a supra public catheter. My urologist said since I already had a failed bladder surgery, Burch procedure, the sling would be my best option. He is using my own tissue, abdominal fascia, to make the so-called sling. Are you also having recotcele repair? I had that in 2001. Yikes! It sure has beena long road for me since my hyst in 2000. Fell free to ask me anything, I'll help if I can. I'll let you know how it goes when I return from the castle. You are also in my prayers.
Love, Light, Blessings
Druid
Unread 02-24-2003, 09:37 PM
Druid

Druid, thanks so much for taking time out of your hectic life to help me out. I do have a few more questions for you,

How long did your other bladder repair last and what proceedure did they use? Would you suggest going straight for the Burch proceedure opposed to TVT? That is what my GYN recommended, but the Urologist may suggest something else since he knows exactly what is wrong. I will find that all out tomorrow morning. As for rectocele repair, my GYN said I need it and a hemerroidectomy, and I have NO clue how the surgery will go if I have to have it all done at one time. Any suggestions? Well, I will let you get back to resting, lord know I need to go lay down right now. PLEASE let us know how it goes as soon as you feel up to it.

Thanks for all of your help!!!

and I will for you that it all goes well...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register