Best wishes Dawn33 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Best wishes Dawn33 Best wishes Dawn33

Unread 02-26-2003, 06:34 AM
Best wishes Dawn33

Dawn,

Thinking of you today. Hopefully your news will be good news.

Joselle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2003, 06:44 AM
Thank you SOOO much Joselle!!!

I REALLY needed that! 's back to you. Just when I thought my sisters had given up on me. Ya'll have been supporting me for so long now, I can see how ya'll might get tired of seeing my name on these boards.

I have court this morning with my ex-husband and then I have to leave and go straight to the surgeons office so I'm afraid it will be a stressful kind of day. Thanks so much for thinking of me.

I hope you are doing well in your own recovery. Lots of

Dawn
Unread 02-26-2003, 08:14 AM
Best wishes Dawn33

adding my Dawn!!!!

Please post when you can and let us know how the doc's appt went...and I'll be praying hard things go well in court for you to..

We'er holding your hand....and your in our thoughts. And I for one don't think any of our sisters have given up on you honey...not ever. Heck...if they haven't given up on ME yet you have a real long way to go before that every happens!!!!

again

the other Dawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2003, 08:48 AM
Best wishes Dawn33

((((((((Dawn))))))))

I too am adding my S! We will be with you in spirit today. Think of all of your sisters giving you support, and know that we will be praying for you.

BTW...we will NEVER ever give up on you sweetie. I hope you aren't feeling that way. We you dear...and don't you forget it. We are all on this road together...there is strength in numbers, that's for sure.

I look forward to hearing your update...and here's one more
Unread 02-26-2003, 09:29 AM
Best wishes Dawn33

Best Wishes Dawn,

I hope today turns out to be the day that is a turning point in your life. With that said, it sure can be stressful sitting in those crossroads trying to figure out which way to go though. That's were these dear ladies have been such great support for me. I get re-enforcement that I can do this. You can too!! So here's to a new day for DAWN

Big s and many ers for you,
DLK
Unread 02-26-2003, 09:37 AM
Best wishes Dawn33

(((Dawn))), you will get through today! You have been through a lot worse already... just hold your head up and keep on going, it'll be over before you know it.

We'll always be here to support you, you can count on us! We'll be waiting to hear how things went when you get a chance to let us know. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
s,
-Linda
Unread 02-26-2003, 09:46 AM
Best wishes Dawn33

Dawn.....here's more 's

I haven't been on the board much lately, so I'm not up on everything, but it looks like you have quite a day ahead of you! I will check in tonight to see if you have posted about how everything went. Let us know
Unread 02-26-2003, 03:15 PM
Well, I'm back............

Court actually went well....worked out in my favor.

Wish I could say the same for the Surgeons office. I am scheduled for sugery again on March the 20th to remove several granuloma's of unknown origin from my pelvic/groin region and also some assiciated with my incision. He will be going through the same incision that they used the last 2 times.

Some of you will remember the large red, hot rash that I had in this area after my last surgery that the E.R. said seeemed to be some kind of allergic reaction. This is the same surgeon who did my hernia repair, he doesn't *think* that these granulomas are associated with the mesh used for the hernia repair but he is going to check the hernia repair while he is in there and make sure it is still in tact and make sure that the mesh hasn't migrated anywhere and caused these granulomas. It's been quite a day.

Thanks so much for your words of support, I hate to admit it but I really could use all of the support that I can get these days. I'm trying to tell myself that at least knowing is better than the unknown!

Thanks again.
Dawn
Unread 02-26-2003, 04:17 PM
(((((Dawn)))))

Dawn, I'm so glad you let us know how you're doing. Sounds like there is at least a bright spot there - court hearing in your favor. That's a good sign.

As for the other, I believe what you said - that knowing is better than not knowing. I'm sorry you are having more surgery, but I'm glad you have a doctor who is sticking with you and seems to be on top of things. For what it's worth, I'm doing incredibly well (except for this cough which I HOPE is not doing any damage!) after surgery through the same incision as my hyster. The pain control I have is unbelievably good. Maybe I've mentioned before that one of the nurses told me that the fact that I was able to get such good pain control in the hospital (epidural with narcotic for three or four days) sort of 'tricked' my body so that when I was weaned off the epidural, the big pain never kicked in. I don't know if this is true, but it sure is what my experience has been.

Dawn, you are doing so well under such adverse circumstances you are an inspiration. I'll be here - not going anywhere - along with many other Sisters, so just keep talking when you need to or want to.

Best wishes. And give yourself a big pat on the back.

Joselle
Unread 02-26-2003, 05:42 PM
{{{{{ Hugs for you Dawn }}}}}

and lots of TLC coming your way Dawn....

I sending strong, positive thoughts your way. I'm sending you another great big and more too!!

Lori

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register