Anyone taking pyridium???? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone taking pyridium???? Anyone taking pyridium????

Unread 02-26-2003, 09:52 AM
Anyone taking pyridium????

I am on 4 different meds for IC and one of them is pyridium. About an hour after I take my 2 pills, I end up with horrible stomach/intestinal cramps and I feel like I'm going to throw up. It only lasts 10 minutes.....but it's a horrid 10 minutes! I have been skipping those pills alot(they're just for pain from my IC) because the trade off almost doesn't seem worth it. At times, it is, but I don't feel like it helps my pain enough to put myself through 10 minutes of torture. I was warned that it might hurt my stomach, so I need to take it with food....and I do.....but I wonder if this amount of pain is normal. I can't help but wonder what it's doing to my tummy to make it hurt soooooo bad. I've also been getting bad heartburn. Do any of you know if pyridium, atarax, elmiron or ditropan XL can cause heartburn?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2003, 10:10 AM

Pasdechat,

Might be well worth a call to your pharmacist. Since you are on 4 meds and even if when prescribed separately they don't cause the problems, the interaction might be the cause? Just a thought. Your pharmacist should know.

ers for your pain relief!
Unread 02-26-2003, 12:37 PM

Don't know about the heartburn issue, but can tell you that the Pyridium made me exetremly nauseated. My gyn had me on a high dose of it when I had the UTI (with blood in my urine) post op. Might be worth a call to your doc to see if they could change it to something else. No need in suffering if you don't have to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2003, 03:56 PM

I have IC as well and had always found that pyridium made the pain and stinging much worse for me, in fact almost seem to irritate my bladder and urethra more.......someone really needs to come up with something new!!! I would definitely call your dr/pharmacist and let them know!!!
Unread 02-26-2003, 06:29 PM
ABOUT PYRIDIUM

IT IS FOR THE CONTROL OF BLADDER SPASM , IF YOU ARE FINE WITHOUT IT AND IT MAKES YOU FEEL THAT BAD YOU DONT HAVE TO TAKE IT. AS ALWAYS ASK THE DR.
Unread 02-26-2003, 08:37 PM

I'm on Pyridium. My dosage says take one 200mg tablet every 6 hours. I take one before bed time and that's it. I have a very very sensitive stomach, and I've noticed if I take a higher dose of it my stomach goes crazy. Also, if I take it with other meds i.e. Darvocet etc. it makes it worse. I do not get heartburn on the Pyridium but if I mix it with Sarafem I do get heartburn. I take it with food by itself right before bed. For me, the Pyridium does soothe my bladder somewhat but definitely does not make it feel completely better. I tried Urised and Detrol LA......my mouth dried up like that Sahara desert on the Detrol...I could not handle it at all. Just wanted to share my dosage and experience...and to send some and a . Take care!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register