Cancer symptoms? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cancer symptoms? Cancer symptoms?

Unread 02-26-2003, 06:45 PM
Cancer symptoms?

After having what they call a "tumor of low malignant potential" removed along with both my ovaries, I guess I'm a little anxious when things don't feel right. The last few weeks I've awakened at night nauseous and sometimes I feel it a little during the day, too, especially after I eat. It's sort of like a morning sickness nausea. This week I feel really bloated and gassy, too, which is unusual for me. My weight hasn't changed, but suddenly my pants don't fit around the waist. My bowels are pretty regular, so I don't think I'm constipated (which can sometimes make me feel this way). I'm kind of tired, but not too bad for chasing a 2-y-old and a 4-y-old around all day.

Is it all in my head, or should I be wary of something new growing inside of me? I've been on the same HRT (.9 Premarin and 100 mg Prometrium) for about 6 months right now and it hasn't bothered me. Just had a pap done, which I assume was normal since I didn't receive a call from the GYN.

Thanks for listening!

Annie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2003, 07:27 PM
Cancer symptoms?

s Annie

Even though you were diagnosed with LMP or borderline, I understand the fear.
Are you being followed by a gyn/ob or a gyn oncologist?
Perhaps to ease your mind, you might want to schedule a visit with a gyn oncologist. You mention having had a PAP smear recently, but perhaps it is time for a CAT scan or a vaginal ultrasound.
Please don't assume your PAP was normal because the doctor hasn't called. Give the office a call and make certain.
If all these areas check out normally, perhaps it is time for a complete physical from your medical doctor!
Keep in touch.

karenann
Unread 02-26-2003, 07:33 PM
Cancer symptoms?

{{Annie}}

I'm with Karenann, its never a bad idea to get checked out "just in case", even if its only just to ease your own worries.

I hope it all turns out to be nothing to worry about, keep us posted on how things go for you.

{{Hugs}}

Vicki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2003, 09:27 PM
Cancer symptoms?

If I hadn't had the CAT scan, they wouldn't have found the ascites. If they hadn't found the ascites, they wouldn't have tried so hard to find the cause of the ascites. If they hadn't looked so hard to find the cause, they wouldn't have found the tumors.

Needless to say, I am now a big fan of CAT scans. If your abdomen is filling up, take Karenann's advice and request that your doctor do one to see what's going on.

Best of luck to you!
Unread 02-27-2003, 08:43 AM
Echoing Karenann

If you're concerned, it's time to be checked out, even if just to ease your mind. I am followed with CT's every 6 months, once a little sooner because of rising CA125, and it's not that bad and reassuring to know what's going on. Best wishes & a
Unread 02-27-2003, 05:57 PM
Thank you for the support!

I have an appointment for a physical with my GP tomorrow and I hope I can talk her into doing a CT scan. I'd like the CA125 blood test, too, even though I don't have my ovaries cuz I've heard of others who supposedly had their ovaries removed and then ended up with ovarian cancer -- I don't want to be one of them. The HMOs make it tough to get anything authorized these days !

I don't care if they don't find anything (I hope they don't) -- I'll have peace of mind if nothing else!

Thanks!

Annie
Unread 02-27-2003, 07:06 PM
Cancer symptoms?

Hi Annie

Glad you are going to your doc and hope he or she does schedule you for a cat scan of the abdomen and pelvis. Had my doctor not, my ovarian cancer would have gone undetected for some time. I had similiar symptoms.
Please keep us updated
Rosalie
Unread 02-28-2003, 04:24 PM
Doing some tests

My doc scheduled me for a pelvic ultrasound and a bunch of bloodwork (including CA125) . After examining me she said at this time my symptoms weren't bad enough to warrant a CT or upper GI, but we will watch diet and such for a month or so and see how things go. I did feel better today after going to bed early last night . I'm curious to see the results of the blood tests!

Thanks for all your opins!

Annie
Unread 02-28-2003, 04:37 PM
Cancer symptoms?

Hi Annie...Just checking

Is the doctor that you go to an oncologist gynocologist??? Unfortunately, I learned my lesson the hard way and will ALWAYS recommed, to my friends, to see one. Especially if there may be a problem.
Hope all turns out well.
Rosalie
Unread 03-01-2003, 03:35 PM
Just seeing my GP right now

My OB diagnosed and performed my original surgery to remove left ovary and tumor (6cm). They could not determine how cancerous the tumor was at that time so they closed me up and sent the tumor to be evaluated. Meantime, my OB spoke with a gyn oncologist who strongly suggested that he should remove the other ovary just to be on the safe side. So the right ovary was removed 3 mos later.

Don't think my GP would refer me to a gyn oncologist unless the symptoms get worse.

Sure feel awful today -- bad, bad headache, woosey and yucky tummy! Wonder if my estrogen is too high? (0.9 Premarin)

Thanks!

Annie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register