Update Ladies | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Update Ladies Update Ladies

Unread 02-27-2003, 08:01 AM
Update Ladies

Ladies:

Just a quick note to update everyone how things are going since my surgery.

I am totally off pain meds with the exception of ibuprofen occassionally- wow : I do still have some twinges hopefully still from post op! I go back to Surgeon on the 3rd for post op visit and the GYN on the 12th. All the little scars(6) are healing wonderfully.

The only issue I have had with this surgery is a blasted cough I can't seem to get rid off, I am praying it isn't putting too much pressure on my upper incisions(gall bladder) because it is the kind that you have to cough hard.

I thought you know I feel so much better I think I should go back to work- mind you, I hadn't even been out to drive and my only trip so far has been WalMart with a cart to lean on. Then I got the green light to drive today so I took my DD to school to help her carry in a poster project, wiped me out this morning- guess I better be a good for a couple of more days.

Thanks everyone for your support, I know once I start back to work I will not be able to stay in as much contact but will always keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers with great gratitude for all the support.

Big s to all,
DLK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2003, 11:14 AM
Update Ladies

(((DLK))) I'm so glad to hear you are doing as well as you are. Have you talked with your DR about that cough? Is it something that has to happen, or might the DR want you on a cough suppressant?

I know you feel kind of like a kid in a candy store when you first get the OK to drive again post op... but please remember to take it easy so you don't jeopardize your healing. I can't believe you ventured into WalMart after all the stories around here of those of us who have succumbed to its lure and paid the price!

Continued best wishes for an uneventful recovery and return to *normal* life (sigh).
s,
-Linda
Unread 02-27-2003, 12:50 PM
Update Ladies

Thanks Linda,

I am considering calling, my side where the gall bladder incision is very sore and I don't want to mess up anything, you know hoooowww sooo much I want off this road. I actually think that they might have scratched my throat when they did the tube so between being irritated and scratchy now from healing I have that annoying tickle type uncontrollable cough!

I know the whole WALMART saga oops! "Miss I can't sit still any longer" had to go for a breath of fresh air. Maybe we should have a Static Smilie with Walmart with the big red circle and slash through it !! I was very careful, the were on my back so I only stayed for a short visit I promise.

Good to hear from you, I read your other post so you take care cause the are going to be at your place before you know it!!

Big s,
DLK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2003, 01:24 PM
Update Ladies

: clap:

I am soo happy to hear your surgery went well and you are even feeling up to going out !!!!!! And YES we need a Wal-Mart warning..... I am the same way though. Try to take it easy and rest so you wont mess anything up pushing that great big Wal-Mart basket!!!

Keep us posted on your recovery.

Unread 02-27-2003, 02:57 PM
Update Ladies

Thank you! I didn't say anything about pushing that's my DH's job, I just lean. Maybe Walmart should consider padding all those benches, would make my life a lot easier and who knows I might even spend more $$-if that is possible

To all the ladies who thinks we are nuts but haven't been there and done that-----Walmart=exhaustion sometimes even way after post-op
Unread 02-27-2003, 04:47 PM
Glad to hear your news

I'm very glad to hear you've had such an improvement, DLK. But about that cough . . . I also have a bad cough after surgery two weeks ago. My surgeon said NOT to cough and if I had to that I should be on a cough suppressant (DM) and wear a tummy binder. I, too, am concerned about what damage might have happened, especially since my last surgery was for hernia repair!!

Joselle
Unread 02-28-2003, 05:15 AM
Update Ladies

((DLK)),
I'm soo glad you are feeling better A cough suppressant might be a good idea Pls continue to rest, my prayers will be w/ you that this is finally the end of this long road for you
(((hugs)))
Unread 02-28-2003, 11:01 AM
Update Ladies

I was a bad girl- I didn't call the DR office yesterday because I wasn't coughing during the day, I had a stupid attack last nite and finally got it calmed down with cough drops. I am going to be so upset if a simple cough would do any damage especially since I felt sooo goood the beginning of the week. I also realize that the anesthia is probably wearing off so I am feeling a little more uncomfortable with post op pain. Thanks for the replies ladies, we had another snow storm here so I am not sure if DR is in but I am going to try anyway!

Hugs to all,
DLK
Unread 02-28-2003, 04:48 PM
Update Ladies

{{{DLK}}}
Sorry I'm so late in responding here. I am so glad the surgery went well. I'm sorry to hear about the cough though. I hope you were able to get ahold of the doctor.

Please do continue to get your rest and don't overdo.
No more Wal-Mart! If you absolutely have to, ride one of those carts. After I had my incision revision last year, dh insisted on it. We actually had quite a good time, made for a very interesting shopping trip.
Unread 03-01-2003, 08:31 AM
Update Ladies

Talked with NP at DR office yesterday, she said to try and take some cough suppressant and hug that pillow if I do cough. Hard to do at night though cause you cough while you sleep. This too will pass. I go to Surgeon's office Monday for post op appt. so I will let him know what has taken place too. If I had just had the gall bladder surgery I believe I would be released to go back to work next week, but the GYN didn't want to do post op until 2 weeks after so I will be off one more week. I am enjoying every minute of it, but trying hard not to over do it, I feel so much better that it is hard to remember to be a Little quarks and twinges here and there and one incision(gall bladder) that is sore primarily I think due to the coughing. I still get tired easily but that is improving daily versus weekly with the hyst.

I am so ready to move on with life, I hope this is my ticket

Big s to all, thanks for the replies,
DLK

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register